CRU Indices is the division of CRU that produces weekly assessments of carbon steel prices in the USA, Germany and Italy. CRU has tracked steel prices in these, and many other, markets since the 1980’s.
We have an extensive pool of data providers from across the steel supply chain who submit price and, in the case of the USA, volume data online through our dedicated and secure CRU Price Collection Platform.
Features of CRU’s price indices:
- They have an extensive history which, in most cases, extends back at least 25 years
- They are all assessed and approved by a dedicated CRU steel analyst
- They are produced to enhance our global steel market analysis - CRU’s core business
- They employ robust and transparent methodologies
- They are available only to data providers, subscribers and licencee
Our assessments of steel sheet prices in the US Midwest*, which we started publishing in 1980, are the most widely referenced finished steel price indices in the world, with over 50% of direct shipments from US sheet mills priced against them.
For further information of our portfolio, methodology and the benefits of providing data please visit: www.cruindices.com
*Our US Midwest hot-rolled coil price index is used in the settlement of CME’s U.S. Midwest Domestic Hot-Rolled Coil Steel Futures and Options Contracts
Our current portfolio includes:
- US Midwest Hot-rolled coil
- US Midwest Cold-rolled coil
- US Midwest Hot dipped galvanised coil
- US Midwest Plate
- Italian Hot-rolled coil
- Italian Cold-rolled coil
- Italian Hot-dipped galvanised coil
- Italian Plate
- German Hot-rolled coil
- German Cold-rolled coil
- German Hot-dipped galvanised coil
- German Plate