CRU’s 20th World Aluminium Conference will take place on the 11-13 May 2015 at the Madinat Jumeirah, in Dubai.
CRU's World Aluminium Conference attracts influential delegates involved in smelting, recycling, rolling, extruding, trade, raw materials, purchasing, technology and finance. The event is valued for the quality of the presentations, the excellent networking and the business opportunities that arise from important industry meetings.
Reasons to attend:
• CRU’s aluminium conference co-locates with the IAI general meeting enhancing networking opportunities with the industry’s leading companies
• CRU provides market leading aluminium research giving delegates unique insight into cost, price, supply and demand through workshops and presentation
• Take part in this year's workshops focusing on:
- China’s growth across the value chain – what are the implications for the rest of the world?
- The future of scrap generation and consumption
Speakers to include:
• Alf Barrios, Chief Executive, Rio Tinto Alcan
• Tim Murray, Chief Executive Officer, Aluminium Bahrain (alba)
• Bob Wilt, President, Alcoa Global Primary Products
• Thomas Walpole, Senior Vice President, Aluminium SBU, Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma’aden)
• Takayoshi Nakano, Director, Member of the Board, Managing Executive Officer, UACJ
• Tato Miraza, Chief Executive Officer, PT Antam
• Michael Insulán, Principal Consultant, Team Leader, Aluminium Raw Materials, CRU
• Andrew Wood, Group Executive Strategy & Development, Alumina Limited
• Karim Karjian, Chairman and CEO, Karalco Resources Ltd
• William Hovis, Chief Procurement Officer, Bottling Investments Group, The Coca-Cola Company
• Paul Williams, Research Manager, Head of Aluminium Group, CRU
• Modar Al Mekdad, General Manager, Gulf Extrusions Co.
• Colin Pratt, Managing Consultant, CRU
• Will Savage, Chief Executive, Aluminium Federation (ALFED)
• Oscar Wehtje, Head of Strategic Projects, LME
• Marco Georgiou, Managing Consultant, CRU
• Nic Brown, Head of Commodities Research, Natixis
• Stefan Glimm, Director General, GLAFRI - Global Aluminium Foil Roller Initiative
• Joseph Kirikian, Investments, Mumtalakat
• Tim Hayes, Principal, Lawrence Capital Management
• Senior Executive, RUSAL
Testimonials from previous CRU World Aluminium conferences:
"The CRU World Aluminium Conference provided a useful insight into the future of aluminium where the outlook for its use in transportation looks bright. Another attraction of the conference is to be able to network with the movers and shakers of the aluminium world." David Walley, EMAL, Abu Dhabi.
"This conference is the focal point for management interested in the world wide aluminium business from raw materials to finish products." Mannweiler Ulrich, PhD Mannweiler-Consulting, Switzerland.
"This year was my first attendance of the conference and is one I will be recommending that my organisation attend every year. Any business that makes significant use of aluminium needs to attend to understand the ongoing technical and commercial developments in the industry." Adrian Tautscher, Jaguar Land Rover, United Kingdom
"The Conference papers were of very high quality and addressed the issues of the moment in the industry." Graham Morrey, Global Alumina, United Kingdom.
"The Conference is good and useful for aluminium-related companies." Qin Zhengjun, SUNSTONE DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD. China