To view the summary of the summit, please click
To view the presentation by Grand Chief Coon Come, please click
Mining Business Risks Summit 2012 - "winning the hearts and minds of the mining industry"
The Fraser Institute, Canada’s leading public policy think tank and CRU Group, the leading independent business analysis and consultancy group focussed on metals and mining, announce their third Mining Business Risks Summit, to be held in Toronto, Canada, 1-2 November 2012.
Miners’ concerns are mounting as uncertainty rises on all fronts:
• Are the heady days of the commodity boom ending?
• Which way will the global economy tip—and what does it mean for mining?
• Are the stakes getting higher as resource nationalization gathers momentum?
These, and many other questions will be discussed by industry experts at this years Summit.
Topics at this year's summit to include:
• Taxation and royalties – How the landscape is changing
• Mine development risks – is the boom over and are high mining costs now structural?
• Corruption – the rise and rise of the shadow economy
• Implementing sustainable reporting systems
• Focus on Latin America – winning and maintaining social and environmental licence
• Risk assessment in strategic decision making
Speaking panel can be viewed here:Speaker panel
To view press coverage of last year's conference, please