CRU is delighted to announce details of its 21st World Steel Conference on the 16th to 18th March at the Sofitel Rio De Janeiro. This leading iron and steel conference will provide delegates with the latest information on global steel market trends and provide excellent networking opportunities for global steel executives in Latin America.
Iron Ore, met coal and ferroalloys - What does the future hold for steel industry?
Learn about the latest developments in the steel industry
Discuss key issues affecting mills
Compare steelmaking cost
Explore opportunities to benefit from improving sentiment
Network with leading figures in the industry
Discover the latest technological innovations in steel production
Topics to be covered at the event in Rio:
• What is the outlook for Chinese steel and steel containing goods exports? How significant is the threat to Latin American steel makers?
• What is the outlook for capacity utilisation in China? Will the closure of uneconomical and environmentally damaging steel capacity in China reduce overall supply?
• Mexico vs. Brazil – Who will emerge as the steel power house of Latin America?
• What is the outlook for the seaborne iron ore market?
• Forecasting supply, demand and price in the bulk ferroalloys market
• Global economic outlook with a focus on Latin America – when will Brazil return to growth?
• Exploring the divergence between pellets, fines and lump
• Examining technological developments in iron ore mining including the outlook for dry screening
• What is the outlook for mining related infrastructure projects in Australia, Brazil and other important iron ore producers?
• Semi finished market focus: what will the impact of new semi finished capacity on the seaborne market be?
• What does the future hold for the metallurgical coal market?
• Analysing the energy markets in Brazil and Mexico and what is the demand outlook for tube and pipe?
• Focus on the booming shipbuilding sector in Brazil – what is the outlook for plate demand in the region?
A summary of the 2013 World Steel conference in Hong Kong can be viewed here
Feedback from Last year's conference:
"Very insightful conference with open discussions on issues to correct ones own mental models"
Ravi Singh, Sr. VP & CEO - ESPD, Essar Steel
"High quality organization, and the amount of professional speakers attract our company to attend CRU's conferences"
Olga Pitinova, Senior Analyst, LLC Interpipe Ukraine