CRU is delighted to announce details of its 21st World Steel Conference on the 16th to 18th March at the Sofitel in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. This leading iron and steel conference will provide delegates with the latest information on global steel market trends and provide excellent networking opportunities for global steel executives in Latin America and the rest of the world.
What does the future hold for the steel industry?
This is a three day event includes a Site Visit to ThyssenKrupp CSA (excusive to delegates)on the first day. On second day, the presentations will open with a Keynote session - Forecasting Steel Market Conditions featuring speakers from CRU, ThyssenKrupp CSA and Ferrous Resources.
The rest of the conference will be devoted to the following sessions:
- China and International trade
- Brazil vs. Mexico focus on finished steel demand
- Commodity outlook
- Price risk management
- Bulk steel making raw materials
- Steel trade
On the last day, the conference will be finished by a CRU Steel Market Workshop - China and its impact on global steel markets in the afternoon.
Topics to be addressed at the Workshop:
- Chinese production data: Fixing a fundamental flaw
- Demand and capacity utilisation
- International trade and impact on LATAM
- Divestments and acquisitions in raw materials markets - value creation or destruction?
- Chinese foreign investments in mining and steelmaking
• Walter Medeiros, CEO, ThyssenKrupp CSA
• Jayme Nicolato Correa, Chief Executive Office, Ferrous Resources
• John Johnson, CEO, CRU China
• Alan H. Price, Partner, Wiley Rein
• Alexandre Comin, Director, Department for Industrial Competitiveness, MDIC (Ministry for Development, Industry and International Commerce)
• Chris Houlden, Research Manager – Semi-Finished & Finished Steel, CRU
• Andre Nascimento, Consultant - Semi-Finished & Finished Steel, CRU
• Leonardo T Shinohara, Equity Research Analyst, Metals & Mining, LatAm | Global Research HSBC Bank Brasil
• Cristiano Prado, Head of Infrastructure and New Investments, FIRJAN
• Roberto da Cunha Castello Branco, Director, FGV Growth and Development Center
• Robert Fig, Head of Physical Market Sales, LME
• Fausto Varela Cançado, President, SINDIFER
• Adam Parums, Bulk Raw Materials Supply Side Analyst, CRU
• Paulo Vitor Carvalho, Senior Consultant - CRU Consulting, CRU
• Rodrigo Kaukal Valladares, Director, Viena Siderúrgica SA
• Osvaldo Sicardi, CEO, Imexbra
Register today and join the leading decision makers from the following campanies who have already registered:
ABM • Anglo American • Arcelo Mittal • ArcelorMittal Mineração Brasil • ArcelorMittal Tubarão • ABM • AkzoNobel • APM Terminals • Aspermont Brasil • Atlas Copco Thiessen, Atlas Copco Canada Inc. • Bahia Mineração • Banco ABN AMRO SA • Banco Mizuho do Brasil S.A. • Banco JPMorgan SA • Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Economico e Social • Bloomberg News • BNDES • Brasil Econômico • Brasil Mineral • Cevian Capital AG • Compania de Distribucion Siderurgica SA • CRU • Danieli & C. Officine Meccaniche SpA • Duferco do Brasil • Fednav Limited • Ferrous Resources do Brasil Ltda • FIRJAN • Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV) • GBM • GBM Grupo Bursatil Mexicano SA de CV Casa de Bolsa • Gerdau • Gerdau Metaldom • Globus 8 Alloys Pte Ltd • Goldman Sachs Corretora de Títulos e Valores Mobiliários SA • IABr • IBRAM- The Brazilian Mining Association • Imexbra Trading • Inchcape Shipping Services • ING Commercial Banking • Iron & Steel Today • Itaú BBA • ITOCHU Corporation • JFE Shoji Trade do Brasil Ltda • Jornal da Construção Civil • Kemira Chemicals Ltda • London Metal Exchange • Manabi • Mascarenhas Barbosa Roscoe S/A Construções • MDIC, Ministry for Development, Industry and International Commerce • Ministry of Development, Industry and Foreign Trade • Mining News Brazil • Nizi International • Pacifico Gestão de Recursos • Peak Metals Inc. • Metals & Mining, LatAm | Global Research • Peak Metals Inc. • Platts • Putney Capital Management • Raízen • Revista Brasil Mineral • Sidermec SpA • SINDIFER • Singapore Exchange (SGX) • Sinferbase • Sojitz do Brasil S.A. • State Secretariat for Economic Development, Energy, Industry and Service • SunEdison • Tenova • Terex Latin America • ThyssenKrupp CSA • UBS Securities Llc • Usiminas • Usinas Siderurgicas de Minas Gerais S/A • Vale SA • Valor Econômico • Vestas Brasil Energia Eolica Ltda • Viena Siderúrgica S/A • Votorantim Siderurgia S/A • Wiley Rein LLP • ZF Powertrain Modules Saltillo SA de CV plus many more ...
Learn about the latest developments in the steel industry
Discuss key issues affecting mills
Compare steelmaking cost
Explore opportunities to benefit from improving sentiment
Network with leading figures in the industry
Discover the latest technological innovations in steel production
Develop new business contacts across the whole industry chain
More from CRU speakers...
Andre Nascimento, Consultant-Semi-Finished & Finished Steel, CRU, provides a short overview of the steel industry in Brazil, who will attend World Steel conference 2015 in Brazil. This vedio is available in Portuguese and English.
John Johnson, the CEO of CRU China will also be presenting at World Steel 2015 with the hot topics about Chinese steel market:
"At close to 80m tonnes, China has exported record steel product volumes in 2014 and remains by far the largest steel exporter in the world, as well as being the largest iron ore importer. Against a background of slowing Chinese steel demand and domestic overcapacity, we will consider whether this trend will continue, and whether more pain can be expected for steel producers the world over, and for iron ore exporters."
A summary of the 2013 World Steel conference in Hong Kong can be viewed here