The world's leading sulphur and sulphuric acid annual event
SULPHUR 2011 will bring together representatives from a wide variety of disciplines within the industries which produce and use sulphur and sulphuric acid from all over the world. The three day programme will review the status of the world sulphur and sulphuric acid industries and markets and their prospects. Showing alongside the conference will be a large scale exhibition of products, technology, equipment and literature for the sulphur and sulphuric acid industries.
This is the biggest annual networking event in the industry - last year over 500 professionals attended and we anticipate an even more influential audience in 2011. Register online
Interpretación simultánea Inglés/ Ruso/ Español - para ver el programa preliminar, haga clic aquí
Синхронный перевод на английский/ русский/ испанский языки - чтобы увидеть предварительную программу нажмите здесь
To view the latest delegate list click here
SPECIAL RATE FOR OPERATORS - save 50% on the full registration fee
Click here for an overview of the three day programme, timings and speakers
Learn and Discuss With Experts
Get the latest market intelligence and hear about changing trends affecting market balance
- Global developments in oil and gas markets
- Sulphur demand from the fertilizer sector
- Growth patterns in the metallurgical industry
- CRU’s global sulphur and sulphuric outlooks and forecast on trends
- Regional hotspots affecting trade flows
- Sulphur availability in the US
- Regulatory requirements for US sulphuric acid plants
Find out about the latest technical innovations and improvements for safe, efficient and economical operation of production plants
- New technology: Unveiling of a new high-efficiency wet-gas sulphuric acid process
- Early operating experience with quasi-isothermal SO2 conversion
- Safety: Hydrogen incidents in sulphuric acid plants
- Environment: Latest advances in SRU and acid plant tail gas treatment
- Jumbo projects: Producing and handling 12,000 tonnes per day of sulphur
- Operational wrinkles: Coping with hydrocarbons and ammonia in sulphur plants
- Panel discussions: Contemporary issues in sulphur production and handling
- Process safety in sulphuric acid plants
Who should attend?
Anyone who is involved in the sulphur block of an oil refinery or a gas processing plant, including (but not limited to):
- sulphur block overall managers
- amine plant managers
- SRU managers
- amine plant and SRU operating staff
- process engineers
- control system engineers
- maintenance managers and engineers
- safety and environmental officers
Attending SULPHUR 2011 gives you an unrivalled networking and learning opportunities to benefit from and contribute to the discussions concerning your commercial and operational business.
Field trip to Space Center Houston Sunday, Sunday 6 November
For Sulphur 2011 delegates arriving early to Houston, take the opportunity to visit Space Centre Houston, which is only 1 hour away from the conference hotel. This will be a day trip including transfer to and from the Space Station, entry ticket and lunch.
• NASA Tram Tour- visit the working NASA facility to see behind the scenes: Rocket Park (Saturn V), Astronaut Training Facility for the International Space Station and historic Mission Control.
• Exhibits displays, over 42 hands-on activities, shuttle simulators and theatre films, where you can relive the triumphs of America’s manned space flight program.
This item must be paid for separately – Please select the option when you register.