The CRU Steel Price Indicators (1) (CRUspi) series comprises eight indicators.
They are based on actual steel, stainless and metallics price assessments - published in CRU's monthly product-specific Monitors – and are weighted by apparent demand. They represent price movements in the USA, Europe and Asia(2).
- Carbon Steel: CRUspi Global, Flats (HR, CR, HDG), Longs (rebar, structurals)
- North America, Europe, Asia
- Stainless Steel: CRUspi Stainless
- Metallics: CRUmpi (steel scrap, pig iron and DRI/HBI)
With thousands of regular users, the CRUspi series really is an accurate "barometer" of steel prices around the world(3).
There are several ways to access CRUspi
Subscribe to any of the following publications:
- Steel Sheet Products Monitor - covering slab, hot-rolled coil, cold-rolled coil, HDG sheet and EG sheet
- Steel Long Products Monitor - covering billet, wire rod, rebar, merchant bar and structurals
- Stainless Steel Flat Products Monitor - covering hot-rolled and cold-rolled flat products
- Steel Metallics Monitor - covering steel scrap, pig iron and DRI/HBI.
- Steel Monitor - covering finished products, semis and raw materials
- Steelmaking Raw Materials Monitor - covering iron ore, metallurgical coal and coke.
- Stainless Steel Flat Products Monitor
- Bulk Ferroalloys Monitor - covering ferrosilicon, silicon metal and manganese
- Nickel Chrome Molybdenum Monitor
In addition to containing CRU's authoritative price assessments, each Monitor also includes statistical tables showing the main market fundamentals and written analysis from CRU's team of 30 full time steel analysts. Subscribers also receive access to the full archive of CRUspi data for at least 15 years and CRUspi Futures which shows a derived forecast of price movements for the next 12-18 months.
Take a license to CRUspi and CRUspi Futures
By taking a license you can secure concurrent access for your colleagues or clients*
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a data provider
If you are actively buying or selling material you could be eligible to become a data provider. For more information click here or email email@example.com
(1) Formerly known as CRU Steel Price Index
(2) For more information on the price assessments behind the CRUspi series, please visit our product definitions page
(3) The CRUspi series is intended to provide an indication of movements in global steel prices. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that such indicators are representative, CRU cannot accept any liability whatsoever to any person choosing to rely upon the indicators, including liability for negligence.
For access to the price series which underlay the CRUspi indicators, please refer to CRU’s monthly market coverage in the Steel Long Products, Steel Sheet, Steel Metallics and Stainless Steel Flat Products Monitors. We recommend the use of actual steel and metallics prices, as assessed by CRU, in the settlement of contracts and can give guidance on the appropriate price series for such purposes.