CRU presents to the market our newly-enhanced Crude Steel Market Outlook. This service draws upon the expertise of CRU’s offices in London, Beijing and Mumbai to provide an in-depth examination of the global crude steel industry through to the next five years. We analyse and forecast consumption of finished steel by type of product as well as production of crude steel, hot metal and DRI to provide clients with visibility into the steelmaking value chain through the next five years.
We have significantly enhanced the service to better meet the requirements of our clients to ensure we provide the most comprehensive service in the industry.
- Chapter 1: now focuses exclusively on finished steel. As well as the overview of market developments and our forecast, every edition will include two "Special Focus" sections, examining an aspect of the flat and long products market in detail
- Chapter 2: analyses merchant slab and billet markets. We have added slab and billet price forecasts and market analysis but also include details on main merchant market participants and include a review of the latest merchant market developments
- Chapter 3: examines supply of crude steel, hot metal and DRI/HBI. In this edition, we take a look at the BOF/EAF split of steel production and steelmaking costs
- In addition to the new analysis content, we have:
- Provided a forecast of the flat and long product CRUspi
- Maintained our well-loved storyboard format in each chapter to give a visual overview of regional market developments and forecasts
- Added dashboards which presents key figures and charts to give you a snapshot of market drivers and our forecasts
- Added slab and bloom/billet trade matrices
- Added implied slab demand, production and net export detail for main markets and regions
- Added a view of forecasts risks and their probabilities
- Consolidated all data in a single online only Excel file incorporating the full Statistical Review and Chapter Tables
- Revised Chinese supply and demand data through the supply chain: we explain the full rationale and methodology for this in the special online Appendix "Chinese production data: Fixing a fundamental flaw" on this subject.
Why CRU for Crude Steel?
- A truly global understanding of the market, built upon more than 30 years of experience covering the worldwide industry.
- Our crude steel coverage is enhanced by CRU’s detailed understanding and research across the entire steel value chain, from all raw materials through to all finished products. This makes our research far more robust than competitors who look at the crude steel industry in isolation.
- CRU’s offices in Beijing and Mumbai provide firsthand presence in the vitally important Chinese and Indian markets, allowing us to build personal relationships with the major market participants and to provide a substantial amount of first-hand data, thereby strengthening our understanding of both the local markets and the global industry.