Your Essential Resource for the Iron Ore Market
CRU's Iron Ore Market Outlook draws upon the expertise of its offices in London, Beijing, Mumbai and Sydney to provide you with an independent and detailed analysis of the global markets for sinter fines, lump, pellet and pellet feed through the next 5 years. Clients receive forecasts for demand, supply and trade on a country-by-country basis, alongside our expectations for key prices and freight rates through the 5-year forecast period.
Recent enhancements include:
- Chapter 1: a "Special Investigation" chapter providing pertinent industry analysis every quarter, for example, the impact of heightened Chinese environmental controls on the iron ore market.
- Appendix B (online only): a new approach to producer analysis providing profiles for both current and prospective miners. We detail critical information on a company-wise basis such as production split by product, financial results, reserves and resources data, CRU's Business Costs for new projects and iron ore specifications, to name but a few.
- Chapter 2: a new-look demand chapter clarifying our view on hot metal and DRI production trends country-by-country, alongside detailed analysis of sinter, lump and pellet rates using output from CRU's Steel Cost Model.
- Chapter 3: a comprehensive analysis of supply on a country/regional basis drawing on key cost information from CRU's Iron Ore Cost Model and our incentive price analysis. Analysis into Chinese domestic iron ore trends has its own dedicated chapter.
- Statistical Review (online only): we continue to provide detailed historical and forecast data by country and by product, all of which is available online in excel for your convenience
These enhancements result in a more concise and focus report covering the most important areas of the market on a quarterly basis.
Why CRU for Iron Ore?
- A truly global understanding of the iron ore market and prices, built upon more than 30 years' experience covering the worldwide commodity pricing and analysis industry.
- Our coverage is enhanced by CRU's team of 28 full-time analysts dedicated to researching the entire steel value chain, from all raw materials through to all semi-finished and finished products. This makes our research far more robust than competitors who look at the iron ore industry in isolation.
- Our dedicated team of supply side analysts based in our international offices ensure our clients receive an unrivalled coverage of supply around the world.
- Our analysis is underpinned by the CRU Steel Platform. This is the most advanced and comprehensive steel information system in the industry. It took almost four years to construct and ensures that we deliver robust and consistent forecasts along the entire steel supply chain.
- CRU's forecasts of iron ore prices utilise not only our comprehensive analysis of supply and demand, but also CRU's exclusive Iron Ore Cost Model which covers over 96% of global production.
- CRU's offices in Beijing and Mumbai provide a first-hand presence in the vitally important Chinese and Indian markets, allowing us to build personal relationships with the major market participants and to provide a substantial amount of first-hand data, thereby strengthening our understanding of both the local markets and the global industry.