Steel Monitor provides a monthly analysis of steel production and consumption in the major world markets. It reviews steel market trends by region, and carries CRU’s steel price assessments for steel sheet, plate and long products.
UPDATE - The Steel Monitor now contains new sections devoted to the analysis of the key emerging markets of China, India, Central & South America, the CIS and North & South East Asia.
The full steel market cycle is reviewed, from raw materials markets, through mini-mill margins and the latest economic indicators as they stand to affect end-user demand. Each month, one of the world’s emerging steel markets is examined in detail.
Data tables included:
- Steel prices (Rebar, M.Bar, Wire rod, Sections, Plate, HR coil, CR coil, HDG)
- Finished steel inventories
- Semi-finished steel prices
- Crude steel production
- Gross production of finished hot-rolled products
- Gross apparent consumption of finished hot-rolled products
- Historical prices (Rebar, M.Bar, Wire rod, Sections, Plate, HR coil, CR coil, HDG)
- Economic indicators
Weekly Steel Plate Prices Supplement
A subscription also includes access to the Weekly Steel plate Prices Supplement containing US Midwest and Chinese domestic prices of steel plate
UPDATE - This supplement now includes domestic price assessments of German and Italian steel plate
- North America
- Emerging markets
- Steelmaking raw materials
- Industry news in brief
- Market charts
- Economic news