Your essential resource for understanding how the Aluminium Market will evolve
The Aluminium Long Term Market Outlook report is your essential resource for companies looking to understand what will drive aluminium demand and how the world aluminium market is likely to look in the future.
We present a market balance for aluminium by major region through to 2026 including production and capacity data by smelter. We discuss the risks to the outlook presented and which regions are most likely to attract future smelting projects. By using detailed project and costs analysis we benchmark future smelting projects and discuss the challenges producers face in the future to add new capacity. In addition, we review the energy sources that could power future aluminium projects. CRU presents a price forecast in the report through to 2040.
We discuss the big questions facing the aluminium industry:
When will aluminium prices improve?
Is there sufficient smelting capacity to meet future world aluminium demand?
What will be the consequence of China's rapid build-up in semis capacity, will it flood the global market with semis?
Is the increasing uptake of aluminium automotive body sheet the growth story that the industry is searching for?
CRU uses its proprietary Compass Model* to predict primary aluminium demand through to 2040 analysing the trends in intensity of use for the light metal.
*CRU's exclusive Compass methodology has been established in long term commodity price forecasting for over 10 years and is utilized in our Long Term Outlooks for Copper, Aluminium, Iron Ore and Metallurgical Coal.
The Aluminium Long Term Market Outlook report is an essential resource for companies looking to understand what will drive aluminium demand and how the world aluminium market is likely to look in the future.
Key new features:
* Detailed primary and semis forecasts extended to capture ten years, 2016-2026
* Forecasts of regional canstock capacity and autobody sheet demand
* Greater coverage of end-use products demand
* Increased scenario analysis
* Full update on all forecasts and project profiles
Why CRU for Aluminium?
* A truly established and independent understanding of the entire Aluminium industry, based on over 40 years of experience covering the market
* More than 20 full time industry experts and consultants covering the aluminium market
* Comprehensive service based on detailed coverage of the entire aluminium chain - bauxite, alumina, carbon products, primary aluminium and downstream products
* Dedicated offices in London, Beijing, and the US provide a truly global perspective for the industry and all impacting factors.
On LinkedIn? - Why not join CRU's Aluminium Group? Click here to join CRU's new online forum