Your essential resource for examining the copper industry's long term outlook
Our Copper Long Term Market Outlook utilises the expertise of CRU’s offices in London, Beijing, Santiago and Pittsburgh to examine the future of the copper industry through to 2035, to help you and your colleagues to optimally plan your long term strategy.
Our sector-led forecasts help you to understand which countries and regions will drive future demand growth, and our unique knowledge of copper use in wire and cable and semi-finished products supports our analysis of the threats of substitution.
On supply, the combination of our detailed analysis of production in all major countries and regions as well as our individual Copper Mine Project Profiles.
This separate report, published in February and updated in September allows you to benchmark more than 90 of the world’s most influential projects - highlighting to you where mine supply will come from to meet long term demand. We also consider the future location of the smelting and refining industry, and the growing influence of China in this sector.
CRU’s unique Compass Methodology provides our forecasts for long run marginal costs and prices to 2035. Our Compass Methodology* has been established in long term commodity price forecasting for over 10 years in our Long Term Outlooks for copper, aluminium, iron ore and metallurgical coal. Incorporating all of the above elements, our service helps you to understand how the copper industry is going to evolve through the longer term, identify opportunities and plan your business accordingly.
* CRU’s exclusive Compass methodology has been established in long term commodity price forecasting for over 10 years and is utilised in our Long Term Outlooks for Copper, Aluminium, Iron Ore and Metallurgical Coal.
Why CRU for Copper?
- We have a truly independent and established understanding of the entire copper industry, based on more than 40 years experience in the market
- CRU has 15 full time industry experts and consultants covering the copper market
- Our comprehensive service is based on detailed coverage of the entire value chain - raw materials, byproducts, refined metal, semi-finished products and price risk
- With offices in London, Beijing, Santiago and Pittsburgh, CRU provides a truly global perspective of the copper industry