Your essential resource for understanding the outlook for the copper semi-finished products markets
CRU’s Copper Semis Market Outlook builds a projection of total copper demand by examining and forecasting supply and demand in the four key semi-fabricated copper markets:
- Copper wirerod
- Copper and copper alloy tube
- Copper and copper alloy rods, bars and sections
- Copper and copper alloy flat-rolled products
This service combines CRU’s macroeconomic analysis with industry-specific knowledge and the 2013 in-depth survey of many of the world’s top copper semis producers, consumers and end-users to provide you with conclusions about copper usage trends through the next five years. You have access to 2013 survey data and semis supply and demand data out to 2018 with the report, along with global copper demand scenarios developed from the more granular medium-term analysis.
Substitution of copper for other materials, copper scrap usage trends and the changing structure of the semis industries are the key considerations for these markets. CRU’s Copper Semis Market Outlook features considered analysis of each of these areas, building up a complete picture of copper consumption in the next five years, plus thoughts and global projections for what lies beyond, so you can understand these opaque markets and plan your strategy accordingly.
CRU has conducted a wide-reaching, global substitution survey amongst copper semis producers, consumers and end-users of copper around the world. Using this data alongside our dedicated understanding of the wire and cable industry, we have informed our projections of substitution and direct scrap usage, along with capacity, trade and economic projections, to outline refined copper consumption in the semis industry out to 2018.
Why you should use CRU for Copper:
- Our comprehensive service is based on detailed coverage of the entire value chain - raw materials, byproducts, refined metal, semifinished products and price risk
- CRU has 15 full time industry experts and consultants covering the copper market
- CRU’s Copper Semis Market Outlook is the only independent examination of the market for semifinished products available to you
- With offices in London, Beijing, Santiago and Pittsburgh, CRU provides a truly global perspective of the copper industry
- CRU has a truly independent and established understanding of the entire copper industry, based on more than 40 years experience in the market