The Silicon Cost Data Service provides independent, expert analysis of production costs. Our report provides detailed estimates of past, current and future production costs at key plants in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Norway, South Africa, Spain, Thailand and the US. It also provides estimates of representative production costs in all of the major manufacturing areas in China. Our analysis and data allow clients to understand the industry cost structure and to benchmark production costs at major operations around the world, including the impact of new sources of supply. Full reports, incorporating the latest developments, are published twice per year - in early May and November - and provide updated projections for the next five years.
Detailed profiles present key technical parameters and input prices and provide estimates of total net operating costs broken down by major cost category. Each profile contains graphs that highlight the cost position of individual plants.
The Silicon Cost Data Services together with CRU's Silicon Market Outlook, will help you and your company to track and examine key market and industry developments and to assess implications for the future by helping to answer questions such as:
- Why have silicon prices fallen so sharply and what are the prospects for 2017 and beyond? What do the changes in production costs tell us about the likely path and future level of silicon prices?
- What are the implications of the rapid rebound in Brazilian silicon production?
- What is happening in China and what is the outlook for the domestic market and the local silicon industry?
- Will the rapid growth in solar-related silicon demand be sustained?
- What is the current status of new silicon capacity?