Global silicon demand reached an all-time high in 2014, although gains have differed considerably by region. Significant differences in growth are likely to persist over the next five years, although the evolution of longer-term market fundamentals will remain closely linked to the prospects for a sustained advance in solar-related silicon demand.
The long-term trend in international silicon prices will to a considerable degree be determined by what happens to Chinese demand, supply and production costs. By all indications, Chinese silicon production will continue to advance in the years ahead. However, an increasing proportion of future output will be absorbed by the local market, and plants in other countries will likely meet a rising share of non-Chinese silicon demand.
In an environment characterised by heightened uncertainty about the prospects for the global economy, exchange rate movements and the future level of production in China and other key suppliers, the Silicon Market Outlook, together with the Silicon Cost Data Service, will help you and your company access recent developments and implications for the future by helping to answer questions such as:
- Why have silicon prices fallen so sharply and what are the prospects for 2017 and beyond? What do the changes in production costs tell us about the likely path and future level of silicon prices?
- What are the implications of the rapid rebound in Brazilian silicon production?
- What is happening in China and what is the outlook for the domestic market and the local silicon industry?
- Will the rapid growth in solar-related silicon demand be sustained?
- What is the current status of new silicon capacity?
Our Silicon Market Outlook provides a thorough examination of the industry through the next five years. Our service analyses supply, demand, trade and prices for silicon in all major countries and regions around the world and provides CRU's independent five-year forecasts for all market fundamentals. A subscription to the service provides two comprehensive and fully-updated reports per year - published in March and early October - to ensure you always have the latest information on which to act when implementing purchasing and sales strategies and making informed investment decisions.