Your essential resource for examining costs across the global steel industry
CRU's exclusive Steel Cost Service provides you with comprehensive coverage of the global steel industry and our independent view of the cost structures for the production of semi-finished products, flat products and long products for the years 2007-2018.
Our user-friendly and flexible Steel Cost Model interface allows you to conduct detailed analysis and benchmarking of all 262 steel mills included in the model. You will receive our monthly Steel Cost Review which gives you an up-to-the-minute view of steel costs and steel mill margins and provides a forecast of these during the coming year. This is an invaluable reference for anyone interested in the dynamics of steel mill cost competitiveness, steel pricing or the potential reactions of market participants during times of volatility.
As a subscriber to the Steel Cost Service, you also receive standalone Steel Cost Profiles that provide a one-page overview of each steelmaking operation, highlighting key cost drivers, production volumes and cost curve position in 2015, as well as quarterly macroeconomic updates to ensure you have the latest economic and pricing information available. Additionally, you also have access to the analysts within the Steel Costs Team to help ensure you get the most from the service, whether you wish to benchmark mill operations, investigate potential investment opportunities, track steel prices and mill margins or carry out strategic planning initiatives.
Our Steel Cost Service will enable you to:
- Analyse the cost competitiveness of operations under different market scenarios by flexing the input data
- Flex the input data to analyse how the position of each operation on the cost curve changes under different macroeconomic conditions
- Understand the Chinese market better by examining costs at 35 Chinese mills and tracking mill performance on a monthly basis with the Steel Cost Review
- Better understand steelmakers’ behaviour under different market conditions with the scenario analysis capability within our Steel Cost Model
- Benchmark specific cost parameters at individual steel mills using the ready-made cost breakdowns included in our profiles
- Edit existing operation profiles or add new profiles for your own operations or other mill configurations
- Securely input your own data by downloading our Steel Cost Model onto your own computer
- Analyse one consistent view of the world via CRU’s in-house forecasts for macroeconomic data