Every month, the Steelmaking Raw Materials Monitor provides a comprehensive analysis of market trends for iron ore, metallurgical coal and metallurgical coke. Analysis is focused on key developments in the supply/demand balance and their implications on price. As well as dedicated sections on the Chinese and Indian markets, a summary of trends in the global steel industry and a round-up of industry news, the Monitor provides the following historical data:
- Raw materials prices (covering over 30 prices)
- Supply, demand and trade statistics on a country basis for iron ore, metallurgical coal and metallurgical coke
- Production of hot metal and DRI on a country basis
New for 2014 - We are delighted to announce the release of CRU's NEW weekly Iron Ore Dashboard, which you receive as part of our Steelmaking Raw Materials Monitor service.
The Dashboard is an iron ore market analysis tool that brings together 3 key strands of market intelligence to provide an informed view of expected iron ore price movements over the coming 7 days. These 3 strands are:
- Firstly, the current value and movement of key market indicators such as Chinese stock levels, freight rates and steel industry performance;
- Secondly, a probability analysis of historical iron ore price movements under different market conditions;
- And thirdly, CRU's view of market dynamics bringing together the team's knowledge based on our extensive discussions with market participants.
We pull these strands together into a concise one-page document and publish our view as to whether we think the price will rise, hold steady or fall in the coming 7 days.
Data tables include:
- Raw materials price check (covering 23 prices)
- International trade in metallurgical coal and coke
- Production of hot metal (pig iron) and DRI
- Global pig iron production
- International trade in iron ore