Every month, the Steelmaking Raw Materials Monitor provides a comprehensive analysis of market trends for iron ore, metallurgical coal and metallurgical coke. Analysis is focused on key developments in the supply/demand balance and their implications on price. As well as dedicated sections on the Chinese and Indian markets, a summary of trends in the global steel industry and a round-up of industry news, the Monitor provides the following historical data:
- Raw materials prices (covering over 30 prices)
- Supply, demand and trade statistics on a country basis for iron ore, metallurgical coal and metallurgical coke
- Production of hot metal and DRI on a country basis
As part of your Steelmaking Raw Materials Monitor service you receive CRU's weekly Iron Ore Dashboard.
The Dashboard is an iron ore market analysis tool that brings together 3 key strands of market intelligence to provide an informed view of expected iron ore price movements over the coming 7 days. These 3 strands are:
- Firstly, the current value and movement of key market indicators such as Chinese stock levels, freight rates and steel industry performance;
- Secondly, a probability analysis of historical iron ore price movements under different market conditions;
- And thirdly, CRU's view of market dynamics bringing together the team's knowledge based on our extensive discussions with market participants.
We pull these strands together into a concise one-page document and publish our view as to whether we think the price will rise, hold steady or fall in the coming 7 days.
Data tables include:
- Raw materials price check (covering 25 prices)
- International trade in metallurgical coal and coke
- Production of hot metal (pig iron) and DRI
- Global pig iron production
- International trade in iron ore