Chrome Prices AnalystPittsburgh, United States
Posted 08 December 2021
CRU’s market-leading Steel team is seeking a Prices Analyst to oversee price discovery in the ferroalloys market with a focus on chrome, noble alloys and minor metals and other key markets. The role includes price discovery, management and expansion of price assessment contacts, and writing market updates and undertaking analysis.
Reporting to the US prices lead, the analyst will be required to maintain and grow a strong network of contacts, accurately assess prices to defined specifications and contribute to their wider understanding. The job also involves attention to current and evolving market requirements for price benchmarks. The jobholder must be able to work effectively and collaboratively in an international team of price and market analysis specialists, keeping to tight deadlines and within the necessary compliance framework.
A bachelor’s degree is required. People who have been successful in this role have had a range of educational backgrounds ranging from journalism to economics but have possessed strong communication, research and analytical skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Price discovery and assessment
- Network building and maintenance
- Collection, ordering and sharing of market intelligence
- Writing market updates
About you – What skills, experience and characteristics are we looking for?
- The ability to build, maintain and grow an effective market intelligence network;
- Price discovery;
- Market intelligence gathering;
- Critical analysis of data trends and key market drivers;
- The ability to work effectively in a multi-international tream and communicate with team members;
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver error-free outputs
- Ability to work with strict deadlines and within the necessary compliance framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resilience, persistence and the determination to succeed
- A team and company player and work with colleagues towards common goals
- Strong mathematical skills
- Familiarity with handling large data sets and understanding mathematical concepts and processes. Someone who can interpret, manipulate, and manage data
- Excellent Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and data management skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint