Posted 04 July 2019
PLEASE NOTE: The applicant must be entitled to undertake full time work in Australia.
This role can offer you the opportunity to use your economic skills to analyse the economic trends of the commodity markets on a daily basis. You will work closely with market experts as well as senior researchers on developing and improving CRU’s models, whilst also contributing to process development and data management initiatives.
You will be expected to meet the needs of customer requirements through speaking with customers about the current state of the market, working with colleagues across our global offices and conducting primary research across a range of product areas. For the right person, a role within CRU Consulting will provide the opportunity to become part of a dynamic, supportive and truly international team.
• Undergraduate degree in Economics, Engineering or in a similar field.
• Fluent written and spoken English
• An interest in working with commodities
• Strong quantitative background and a creative thinker based on a robust approach to data/modelling
• Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
• A strong commercial awareness and an analytical mind-set with the ability to quickly understand the intricacies and complexities of the economics and data that drive CRU’s business
• Ability to construct a compelling narrative and have the confidence to express and defend position clearly
• Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Aptitude to learn new systems; experience with statistical software (such as R, eviews or matlab) will be an advantageApply for this role