CRU Consulting Intern ProgrammeLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 19 April 2022
Looking for an exciting career challenge as an intern at an industry leading Consulting firm and to gain some industry-relevant experience at the same time? Our Consulting Division has an exciting new programme – We are offering the opportunity for a talented group of individuals to kick-start their professional career in the world of commodities, and to join us in us in a paid internship programme.
CRU Consulting is the Consulting arm of CRU. Clients across the mining, metals and fertilizer value chains look to us for the practical advice and deep insight they need to adapt to changing markets, overcome challenges and grow their businesses. Our main areas of work focus on a wide range of industry leading advisory services covering sustainability, market strategy, financial investments, policy and regulation as well as expert witness & dispute resolution mandates.
This is a great entry point into a career in the private sector, where you can thrive at the heart of a dynamic, global consulting firm to learn about a diverse range of commodity markets and some of the key questions being asked in the metals, mining and fertilizer industries. The role gives variety, and allows to develop a wide array of transferable skills, ideal to build a strong CV.
Some examples of how you will be contributing are:
- Finding, verifying, improving and organising data and information that supports consulting assignments, to form evidence base for key conclusions, forecasts, or expert opinions.
- Applying your academic knowledge and experience and working with others to help find meaning from diverse information sources and types, that is used in the decision making process by major mining companies, financial clients, governments etc.
- Gaining experience in working with CRUs expert consultants and project teams in delivering bespoke consulting mandates to our clients, across multiple commodities.
What kind of person might you be?
- Someone who thrives working in a team and is curious about your colleagues’ work, successes, and challenges.
- Someone who is intellectually curious, eager to learn and push forward their own boundaries.
- Someone who is organised, motivated, dedicated and likes to deliver on tasks.
- Strong Excel skills
- Language skills desirable
What qualifications should you have?
Candidates should be degree educated with a 2.1 degree completed, and / or working towards a Masters.
Degrees should be from a top British university, or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK.
What will you gain from working with us?
- The ability to work with and learn from consultants in a highly respected market analysis and Consulting firm.
- Engaging in real work that makes a meaningful difference to the outcomes for our clients.
- The guidance and support of both a dedicated line manager and project leads in the business who will ensure you are properly briefed and supported.
- The opportunity to work with supportive and like-minded colleagues in a truly global organisation.
- The potential to contribute to consulting deliverables and join as a permanent Research Analyst where opportunity arises.