Fertilizers AnalystLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 04 October 2022
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen in the market leading CRU Fertilizer team. We are seeking an energetic, self-starting Analyst to contribute to our analysis of fertilizer markets. This role requires an engaging individual who can work across many teams and manage our view on agricultural markets and contribute to our fertilizer market analysis.
The candidate will collaborate across the CRU Fertilizer and Analysis teams. Strong communication and time management skills are a must.
The candidate must have the capabilities to work with large data sets, concisely explain complex ideas to internal and external stakeholders and have a keen eye for detail.
- Supporting the fertilizer team in maintaining agricultural production and fertilizer demand models and data consistency.
- Undertaking primary research to develop and improve data presented in fertilizer services.
- Written analysis within short- and long-term fertilizer market reports.
- Insights focusing on topical and thematic market events.
- Supporting the development of the fertilizer services through research and model construction.
- Engage in frequent, high quality information exchanges with sophisticated customers and market participants.
About you - What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Candidates should have qualified from a leading university, or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside the UK.
- Experience in agriculture, economics, geology and climate science an advantage.
- Creative thinking based on a robust approach to data. Quantitative background a benefit.
- Numeracy and ability to critically analyse data, identifying trends and key drivers.
- Fertilizer industry knowledge is an advantage, but not essential.
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal – Fluent English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills, including the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)