Account ExecutivePittsburgh, United States
Posted 30 August 2023
The Account Executive is responsible for securing customer delegate places across a range of CRU events.
In the role you will be expected to secure group registrations from key clients and target key audience demographics (operators / consumers etc.) to ensure a balance in audience profile. Your focus will be working closely with existing clients, but a key part of the role will also be targeting new customers to ensure continued growth of the business.
You will be reporting to the Head of Sponsorship & Exhibition
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Implement the delegate sales plan for increasing y-o-y revenues for your portfolio of events. Target objectives include increasing delegate revenues and yield through renewals, up-sell opportunities and attracting new clients to meet or exceed the overall business objectives.
- Assist in developing delegate revenue targets for your portfolio of events to meet or excel the overall business objectives.
- Build positive relationships with key accounts and ensure a smooth transition from point of contact to registration.
- Negotiation of group registration packages to maximise revenue and attendee numbers from target clients.
- Identify cross sell and upsell opportunities with other conferences, training courses and sponsorship/exhibition (where applicable) within our portfolio of events
- Attend events where appropriate to help build your network of contacts and assist in event delivery
- Working closely with the Operations team to ensure smooth registration process for the client
- Work with the Marketing team to reach agreement on the renewal campaign and to target client data and supporting activities
- Work closely with the content team to deliver feedback from clients to help tailor event programmes
- Other tasks / projects as assigned by Head of Sponsorship and Exhibitions Sales / CEO Events
Organisational RelationshipsWorks closely with project teams, as well as cross department collaboration with wider CRU team. Building good relationship with the Analysis, Consulting and Central Sales team will help you understand the industry and increase your network of relevant contacts
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven team player, with examples of team success
- Excellent communications and presentation skills – verbal and written
- Self-starter demonstrating agile commercial behaviour
- Successful sales track record, including converting leads into sales, renewal of packages and/or successfully onboarding new clients
- Exceptional Customer Relationship Management Skills, with previous experience with senior management and stakeholders
- Impeccable integrity and demonstrates high standards of behaviour while demonstrating CRU’s values
- Well-organised and able to meet multiple deadlines on multiple projects
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
- Approachable, with a positive and collaborative attitude – delivering value to our clients and creating value for shareholders
- Commitment to exceed client expectations
- Enthusiastic to deliver the highest quality experience to each and every client; Responsive to client needs but commercially minded
- High level of corporate awareness, able to understand the wider business context and demonstrate a commitment to supporting cross-organisational activities
- Cognisant of the importance of sharing knowledge and ideas in a constructive and supportive way
- A confident and strong negotiator with exceptional interpersonal skills, able to communicate clearly (both verbally and in writing), and build and maintain trusted and collaborative relationships at all levels