Analysis Lead - AluminiumLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 01 September 2021
Please note – We will consider candidates who wish to be based at any of our global office locations. However, candidates must have the full right to work in the location, as we are unable to provide Visa Sponsorship.
Our market-leading Analysis division is seeking a talented and motivated Analysis Lead to join the Aluminium team. The Analysis Lead will be focused on our services covering the primary and recycled metal markets, and to specialise in the analysis and fundamentals of the aluminium markets and scrap markets. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the growth of our revenue in this part of the value chain. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated analyst and leader, with a good knowledge of the global commodity markets and a sound understanding of economic and commercial principles, that they can utilise to support the growth of the business. The Analysis Lead will also have a leadership role in the Aluminium team, which will require the development of 3-4 people, and facilitating career progression by enabling team members to fulfil their potential.
Reporting into the Head of Aluminium, the Analysis Lead will oversee CRU’s range of services in the aluminium metals space and pursue commercially viable opportunities to grow revenue and profit. Ensuring the continued success of CRU’s market outlooks whilst pivoting products to greater analysis in transition towards decarbonisation, and of the price assessments across primary and scrap markets, will be key to the success of this role. The Analysis Lead will work closely with the Head of Aluminium, and other team leaders in achieving sustainable growth. Particularly focusing on our Customer Intimacy objectives and providing first class analysis and service to clients, whilst working closely with the sales and marketing teams to help market and sell CRU’s services. This is a great opportunity for an Analyst to deliver exceptional external client engagement and to grow their profile even further in the industry.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the development and maintenance of CRU’s supply side models and price forecasting models and techniques
- Ensuring high quality price assessments are produced
We are looking for an individual that has a solid understanding of the wider Mining/Metals, or Energy industry. Having a strong quantitative background and being a creative thinker, based on a robust approach to data management and modelling will be highly beneficial in this role.
Candidates should be degree educated (Undergraduate and Masters) – The undergraduate degree (first or 2:1), should be from a top British university, or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK. As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed. The role will also require a level of international and local travel (pandemic travel restrictions dependant), so candidates will need to be comfortable with this.
About you – What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Leadership skills: Demonstrated experience of coaching, inspiring, influencing, and developing team members, with a genuine interest in developing the team to be the best in the industry
- Project management: The expertise to lead projects effectively, demonstrating strong communication, problem-solving and time management skills
- Team working: Someone who can take the initiative but also perform successfully as part of a team
- Commercial awareness: Strong appreciation of the commercial aspects of the role. Always seeking ways to maximise revenue/profit whilst generating the best value for clients
- Client & Market Interaction: Confidence in communicating with senior market leaders. Someone who will quickly gain the respect and trust of clients
- Performance driven: The ability to demonstrate, on a consistent basis, that you can meet team objectives, targets, and deadlines
- Analytical skills: The ability to critically analyse “soft” and “hard” data. A person that can quickly identify key trends to generate perceptive conclusions and unique insight
- Communication skills: Complete fluency (written and spoken) in English. Additional languages would be advantageous
- IT Skills: Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint