Analyst - Agriculture and Fertilizer DemandLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 03 November 2021
Our Fertilizer Team is seeking a talented and motivated Analyst to head our view on agricultural markets and fertilizer demand. This pivotal role requires an engaging individual who can work across many teams and manage our agricultural and fertilizer demand market data and analysis.
The Analyst will collaborate across the CRU Fertilizer and Analysis teams, meaning strong communication and time management skills are a must. The ability to work with large data sets, and the ability to explain complex ideas simply and concisely to internal and external stakeholders will be highly important. The Analyst should have a keen eye for detail and will need to enjoy the challenge of collecting data from a diverse range of sources.
Candidates should be degree educated (Undergraduate and Masters). Ideal disciplines are Economics, Mining, Geology, Engineering, Mathematics and Sciences. As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed. The role will also require a level of international and local travel (pandemic travel restrictions dependant), so candidates will need to be comfortable with this.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the fertilizer team in maintaining agricultural production and fertilizer demand models and data consistency
- Undertaking primary research tasks to develop and improve data presented in fertilizer services
- Written analysis within short and long-term fertilizer market reports. There will be an increasing focus on topical and thematic market events
- Supporting the development of the fertilizer services through research and model construction
- Collaborating and coordinating with other members of the Fertilizer team to ensure consistency of message around agricultural market developments
- Engage in frequent, high quality information exchanges with customers and market participants
- Represent CRU globally, and regularly present to large conferences
About you - What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Experience in agriculture, economics, and climate science
- Innovative thinker with a robust approach to managing and analysing data
- Quantitative background
- Proven analytical skills - Ability to critically analyse data and identify trends and key drivers
- Familiarity with handling large data sets and understanding mathematical concepts and processes, with the ability to interpret, manipulate and manage data
- Fertilizer industry knowledge would be highly advantageous
- Passion for quality, with a flexible and adaptable attitude
- Someone who can generate new ideas and keep CRU’s market leading analysis fresh, timely and relevant, and convert these ideas into intellectual property
- A clear communicator, able to operate efficiently, effectively, and professionally within a fast paced and results driven business environment
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal – Fluent English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills, including the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)