Analyst - Coal Supply & CostsMumbai, India
Posted 27 January 2022
Our market leading Steel team are looking for a talented individual with proven analytical skills to join our India team as a Coal Supply & Costs Analyst. You will become the primary analyst for the forecasting and analysis of our coal mine costs, supply & emissions products, editing two products and providing key input for other tools and services. You will also be the face of coal mine analysis for our clients and provide support on other coal and coke analysis products as well as working collaboratively on other steel and consulting projects.
To be successful in the role, you will have a top degree from a leading university in a relevant field e.g. geology, mine engineering, minerals finance or similar as well as experience in mining and metals. You will have the ability to construct and articulate a well-reasoned argument that is evidenced by supporting data and clearly articulated assumptions. You must be able to work to strict deadlines and have excellent attention to details as well as having excellent attention to details as well as having excellent communication skills especially in both written and verbal English.
We are looking for candidates with the right to work in India for this role and we are unfortunately unable to accept applications from candidates who require sponsorship. As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Developing strong coal cost service client relationships and confidently represent CRU at conferences and other client interactions
- Looking for continuous improvements and new ways to develop our cost service and processes e.g. the cost models, online tools and platforms, data management
- Working collaboratively within the Coal, Costs and Ferroalloys team, Steel Analysis team, CRU Analysis and Consulting teams
- Work closely with sales and marketing to maximise sales of our analysis products
About you - What skills & experience are we looking for?
- A top degree from a leading university in a relevant field e.g. geology, mine engineering, minerals finance or similar. A further degree such as a masters degree or PhD would be desirable
- Proven analytical skills (i.e. ability to critically analyse data and identify trends and key drivers).
- The ability to construct and articulate a well-reasoned and logical argument, evidenced by supporting data and with clearly articulated assumptions.
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- An ability to individually work to strict deadlines and also to deliver products, which include contributions from several analysts, to strict deadlines.
- Commercial awareness, demonstrated by a keen awareness of the current performance of your product(s) and proven ability to spot an opportunity.
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Statistical analysis, data analysis and modelling, forecasting.
- Fluent written and spoken EnglishApply for this role here