Analyst - FertilizersLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 19 February 2020
CRU’s Fertilizer team is seeking a talented and motivated Analyst to contribute to its market leading coverage of the Sulphur and Sulphuric Acid sectors. The Sulphur and Sulphuric Acid markets sit between oil and gas, fertilizer, base metals and industrial sectors, which gives the role significant breadth and depth across the commodities.
This role requires a self-sufficient and creative Analyst who is passionate about Research. Being comfortable with speaking to the market, and being confident and credible with clients, will be the key to success in this role. Candidates need to have a commercial awareness, particularly an understanding of commodity markets.
Candidates should have a top degree from an internationally recognised University, and have a strong background in maths, economics, science or engineering.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analysing and forecasting market fundamentals and trends
- Communicating to clients in written and verbal form
- Working closely with product editors to publish reports in a timely manner
- Contribute to development of fertilizer models and data management initiatives
What experience are we looking for?
- Strong quantitative background and a creative thinker, based on a robust approach to data/modelling
- Numeracy and ability to critically analyse data, identifying trends and key drivers
- Prior experience or understanding of base metals, fertilizer or oil refining sectors would be an advantage
- Excellent IT skills, including the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
- A desire to develop external client management relationships and manage those relationships effectively
- An analytical mind-set and able to get to grips quickly with the intricacies and complexities of the economics and data that drive our business and strategy
- Creative in the application of first principles to problems and mindful of the time constraints of a business environment
- Approachable, with a positive and collaborative attitude and a genuine interest in developing the team to maintain its position as the industry benchmark – delivering value to our clients
- Delivery focused and a passion for quality and innovation, with a flexible and adaptable attitude, willing to accept and drive change
- Lead by example in terms of work ethic and commitment to exceeding client’s expectations