Analyst – Iron Ore Supply, Costs and EmissionsLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 01 November 2023
CRU is seeking a mining analyst, who will lead our research on iron ore supply, mine costs, and emissions. This includes responsibility for publication of CRU’s Iron Ore Cost Service, and analysis for the Iron Ore Emissions Analysis Tools, as well as contributing to CRU’s Iron Ore Market Outlook and the Steel Long-term Market Outlook. The role will be CRU’s ‘face of iron ore mine analysis’ for client interactions and support steel costs and emissions analysis products, steel and steel raw materials analysis, and consulting projects.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• CRU’s primary analyst for research of iron ore mine costs, supply and emissions
• Editor of CRU’s Iron Ore Cost Service
• Inputs for CRU’s Iron Ore Emissions Analysis Tools
• Contributor to CRU’s Iron Ore Market Outlook, and Steel Long-term Market Outlook.
• CRU’s ‘face of iron ore mine costs, supply and emissions analysis’.
• Develop strong iron ore cost service client relationships and confidently represent CRU at conferences and other client interactions
• Strive for continuous improvements and new ways to develop our cost service and processes e.g. the cost models, online tools and platforms, data management
• Support and work collaboratively within the Costs and Emissions team, Steel Analysis team, CRU Analysis and Consulting teams
• Work closely with sales and marketing to maximise sales of our analysis products
• A top degree from a leading university in a relevant field e.g. geology, mining engineering, process engineering or metallurgy, minerals finance or similar
• Further degrees (Masters degree and/or PhD) would be well regarded
• Practical experience in mining and metals and/or energy
• Proven depth of knowledge in your existing work area
• Proven analytical skills (i.e. ability to critically analyse data and identify trends and key drivers).
• The ability to construct and articulate a well-reasoned and logical argument, evidenced by supporting data and with clearly articulated assumptions.
• First class communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• An ability to individually work to strict deadlines and also to deliver products, which include contributions from several analysts, to strict deadlines.
• Commercial awareness, demonstrated by a keen awareness of the current performance of your product(s) and proven ability to spot an opportunity.
• A determination to succeed and a “can do” attitude.
• A team, business unit and company player.