Analyst - NitrogenLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 30 November 2021
Our market-leading Analysis division is seeking a talented and motivated Analyst to join the Fertilizer team to manage our view on Urea markets. This pivotal role requires an engaging individual who can work across many teams and manage our Urea market data and analysis.
The Analyst will collaborate across the CRU Fertilizer and Analysis teams, meaning strong communication and time management skills are a must. The individual must have an affinity to working with large data sets, an ability to explain complex ideas simply and concisely to internal and external stakeholders, a keen eye for detail, and will enjoy the challenge of collecting data from a diverse range of sources.
The successful individual will need to be fluent in English, with strong written and verbal skills. Having an analytical mind-set with the ability to get to grips quickly with the intricacies and complexities of the data that drive our business and strategy, will be key to the success of this role. The Analyst will need to be comfortable and confident when speaking and presenting to market participants, and be capable of creating high quality, insightful industry analysis.
Reporting into the Lead Analyst for Nitrogen, this role demands a high level of analytical capability, attention to detail, and the ability to forge a strong network of contacts and understand and deliver client value. The Analyst must be able to work effectively and collaboratively in an international team of market analysts and deliver to tight deadlines. This is a great opportunity for an Analyst to deliver exceptional external client engagement, and will provide the opportunity to become an integral part of a dynamic, supportive, and truly international team.
We are looking for an individual that has experience in developing industry/price forecasting models based on MS Excel/R/Python. Having a strong quantitative background and being a creative thinker, based on a robust approach to data, with the ability to critically analyse data whilst identifying trends and key drivers, will be key to the success of this role. Knowledge of the Fertilizer industry would be beneficial, although not essential.
Candidates should be degree educated (Undergraduate and Masters) – The undergraduate degree (first or 2:1), should be from a top British university, or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK. The role will also require a level of international travel (Pandemic travel restrictions dependant), so candidates need to be comfortable with this. As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and improvise urea demand/supply and price forecasting models while upholding data consistency and integrity
- Undertake primary research to develop and improve data presented in nitrogen fertilizer services and share views on the urea markets
- Develop short term market analytics for urea and participate in the short-term price forecasting process
- Write topical reports and insights on events impacting urea markets.
- Collaborating and coordinating with wider Fertilizer team to share best practices
- Engage in frequent, high quality information exchanges with sophisticated customers and market participants
About you – What skills and experience are we looking for?
- An innovative thinker and Analyst, who can work closely with a dynamic and enthusiastic team
- Robust approach to managing and analysing data
- Passion for quality and innovation, with a flexible and adaptable attitude
- Someone who can generate new ideas and keep CRU’s market leading analysis fresh, timely and relevant, and converts these ideas into intellectual property
- Enthusiastic regarding delivering the highest quality research and analysis to clients
- A clear communicator, able to operate efficiently, effectively, and professionally within a fast paced and results driven business environment
- Approachable, with a positive and collaborative attitude to support the team to maintain its position as the industry benchmark
- Ability to prepare presentations on various topics
- Numeracy - Familiarity with handling large data sets, and understanding mathematical concepts and processes
- The ability to interpret, manipulate and manage data, with excellent data management skills
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Fluent written and spoken English