Analyst - Nitrogen London, United Kingdom
Posted 23 July 2020
Our Fertilizer team is seeking a highly talented and motivated Analyst, to contribute to our Nitrogen Market analysis. Reporting into the Head of Nitrogen, this role involves editorship and responsibility of CRU’s Urea Market Outlook, and will also involve analysis of agricultural markets, global energy feedstocks and long-term forecasting. This is a great opportunity for an Analyst to deliver exceptional external client engagement and to grow their profile in the industry.
This role requires the ability to employ a range of techniques used to analyse medium and long-term commodity trends, as well as being comfortable working as part of a fast-paced, results driven team, that is committed to delivering high-quality research to our clients. The Analyst must have the ability to produce polished, high-quality written reports, and be comfortable and confident working with a range of clients.
Candidates need to have experience of working in a similar Analysis, or Research type role, and have a proven knowledge in analysing commodity markets. Candidates should be degree educated (Undergraduate and Masters) – The undergraduate degree (first or 2:1), should be from a top British university, or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK. The role will also require a level of international travel, so candidates need to be comfortable with this.
As the Editor of CRU’s Urea Market Outlook, this role will be taking the analysis lead for the product, this will involve:
- Ensuring the timely delivery of excellent quality reports
- Developing and maintain outstanding relationships with market participants
- Analysing and forecast market fundamentals
- Delivering expert quality data and expertly present our analysis in written form, graphically and verbally in both formal and informal settings
- Contributing to development of fertilizer models and data management initiatives
- Representing CRU confidently to clients and at conferences
- Maintaining and developing a structured approach to data collection, storage, and analysis
- Ensuring consistency - In our data, our forecasting methodologies, and our approach to analysis
- Actively participating in the development and improvement of our nitrogen analysis
About you – What are we looking for?
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven depth of knowledge in your existing work area
- Proven analytical skills (ability to critically analyse data and identify trends and key drivers)
- The ability to construct and articulate a well-reasoned and logical argument, evidenced by supporting data and with clearly articulated assumptions
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal – Fluent in English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commercial awareness, demonstrated by a keen awareness of the current performance of your product(s) and proven ability to spot an opportunity
Skills & Competencies
- An analytical mind-set and able to get to grips quickly with the intricacies and complexities of the economics and data that drive our analysis
- Ability to influence and motivate others
- Approachable, with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Responsive to client needs but commercially minded
- High level of corporate awareness, able to understand the wider business context
- Cognisant of the importance of sharing knowledge and ideas in a constructive and supportive way
- Able to communicate clearly (both verbally and in writing) and build and maintain trusted and collaborative relationships at all levels
- Committed to knowledge management and transfer, cognisant of the importance of sharing knowledge and ideas in a constructive and supportive way
- Delivery focused and a passion for quality and innovation, with a flexible and adaptable attitude, willing to accept and drive change