Analyst - Steel - IndiaMumbai, India
Posted 08 July 2021
Please note – Candidates must have full right to work in Mumbai. We are unable to provide Visa Sponsorship.
Our market-leading Steel team is seeking a talented and motivated Analyst, to contribute to our analysis of domestic Indian steelmaking raw materials markets, and their interface with global markets, spanning short-term and long-term forecasting products. In addition, the Analyst will be responsible for cost modelling and related analysis of Indian steel and steelmaking raw materials assets. As a member of the Steel team, the role will contribute to the growth of the Steel Analysis services.
Reporting into the Analysis Lead for Costs, the Analyst must be able to maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Indian steel value chain, whilst creating and communicating data driven analysis of the Indian market developments, and issues that are compelling, logical, and cohesive. The ability to develop and maintain relationships with key customers, and market participants domestically and abroad will be key to the success of this role. The Analyst will need to support our existing clients, with navigation and interpretation of relevant Analysis products, through calls and presentations.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Conducting data collection, model updating/development and analysis of supply and costs across the Indian steel value chain (iron ore, coal, and steel)
- Provide clear demonstrations of the capability of the Cost Services to prospective clients in support of the sales effort
- Collaborate with members of CRU’s global Steel Team and other CRU business units as appropriate
We are looking for an individual that has a strong quantitative background, with a rigorous approach to data/modelling. Having a knowledge of the mining and steel sectors in India would be a distinct advantage. Experience with other similar sectors is beneficial, for example chemical process industries, energy sector, logistics and non-ferrous metals. The Analyst will need to demonstrate that they can construct and express a well-reasoned and logical argument, evidenced by supporting data and with clearly articulated assumptions.
Candidates should be degree educated in a relevant topic (Engineering, Geology, Metallurgy or Commerce/Economics. Other relevant subjects will be considered. As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed. The role will also require a level of international and local travel (travel restrictions dependant), so candidates will need to be comfortable with this.
About you – What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Team working: Someone who can take the initiative but also perform successfully as part of a team
- Client & Market Interaction: Confidence in communicating with the market whether that be over the phone, in Client meetings, or presenting at Conferences. Someone who will quickly gain the respect and trust of the clients
- Performance driven: The ability to demonstrate, on a consistent basis, that you can meet team objectives, targets, and deadlines
- Analytical skills: The ability to critically analyse “soft” and “hard” data, with a focus on supply/demand fundamentals analysis. A person that can quickly identify key trends to generate perceptive conclusions and unique insight
- Numeracy: Familiarity with handling large data sets and the ability to interpret, manipulate, and manage data
- Communication skills: Complete fluency (written and spoken) in English
- IT Skills: Excellent Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and data management skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint