Analyst - Wire and Cable Pittsburgh, United States
Posted 04 January 2024
CRU has created an opportunity for an individual with experience in the Wire & Cable (W&C) sector to join its Base & Battery Metals Business Unit. The individual will take responsibility for aspects of CRU’s fibre optic (FO) and metallic W&C work across both North and South America. The successful candidate will possess a clear understanding of the current W&C market, understand the future trends that will impact the sector and will be able to convey these to customers. This role can be based in our Pittsburgh offices, Remotely across the US or Toronto.
Your role will have a primary focus on:
• Building CRU’s short and long-term views on both the FO and metallic W&C sector market outlooks, with a primary focus on the Americas. This will be created using your own primary research, but also working across the business to pull together intelligence developed by colleagues.
• Expanding CRU’s profile and industry network across the Americas through direct engagement with clients and other sectoral stakeholders; and by actively promoting content in the public arena by addressing conferences, connecting with industry, media, and governmental organisations, as well as undertaking site visits.
• Contributing to written reports, presentations, market-leading insights, and webinar content, across the full suite of W&C products.
• Working with the global team of analysts to build an effective and capable team that enables thorough and transparent coverage of a market that is key to the global industry.
• Identifying and actioning new market opportunities for expansion of CRU’s W&C offerings, working proactively with our Marketing and Sales teams for support.
To achieve this, the successful candidate must be comfortable structuring and executing primary research activities, be highly numerate and have a passion for the metals and mining industry. This role will be ideal for an early-to-mid-career professional who is already working within the W&C sector or a market research business.
Your work will help major international companies, industry associations and governments make the best judgments for the good of their stakeholders. As CRU works at the heart of commodities markets, you will be providing analysis to some of the most senior decision makers across the W&C sector. Your analysis, insights and views will help shape industry-wide investment and policy making on which the future of the sector will be built.
Key aspects of the role will include being:
• Market-facing and commercially minded, with the ability to comfortably speak to market participants, confidently present ideas and contribute to discussion with senior external stakeholders.
• Capable of researching and providing analysis and insight that is positioned appropriately based on an understanding of clients’ business needs and challenges.
• Fluent in English, with the capacity to construct and express well-reasoned, well-evidenced and logical arguments. Spanish would be an advantage but not essential.
• Able to build, maintain and grow an effective network.
• Highly proficient at managing data, in turn drawing meaning from data and qualitative information in order to provide insight for decision makers.
• Highly collaborative and working to support a diverse and international team across multiple time zones.Apply Here