Asia-Pacific and Green Steel AnalystSydney, Australia
Posted 17 October 2023
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join CRU’s market-leading Steel Team in our Sydney office. The role will have primary focus on the Asia Pacific region and global ‘green steel’ market, central to the steel industry’s drive towards net-zero.
To be eligible you must be in an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
The jobholder must be able to work effectively and collaboratively in an international team of price and market analysis specialists and to tight deadlines. For the right person, however, it will deliver external client engagement and provide the opportunity to become an integral part of a dynamic, supportive, and truly international team.
If you join us, this role will involve:
- Conduct primary and secondary research, including speaking to market and industry contacts.
- Analyse data to formulate and evidence market insights.
- Build and maintain valuable datasets, methodology and other intellectual property.
- Forecast supply/demand, price and other key metrics.
- Create written reports, presentations and webinar content.
- Deliver your analysis, forecasts and recommendations directly to customers.
- Attend industry conferences and events to build industry networks and represent CRU.
- Support sales and marketing initiatives.
We are looking for great people with the following attributes:
- Undergraduate degree, ideally in a numerate discipline such as Economics, Engineering. A post-graduate qualification and/or specialised training will be an advantage.
- The ability to research effectively from primary and secondary sources, then draw meaning from data and qualitative information.
- Highly numerate. Ability to use a framework to critically analyse data and identify trends and key drivers.
- Natural inclination to collaborate and work supportively in a diverse and international team
- A clear and confident communicator.
- The ability to build, maintain and grow an effective network. and understand and deliver client value.
- Excellent attention to detail. Drive to ensure accurate and well-presented work with good writing skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English, with the ability to construct and express well-reasoned, well-evidenced and logical arguments.
This role will be ideal for an early-career individual who is already working within the metals and mining industry, or a recent graduate with a passion for metals and mining industry and who wants to build their career in the sector. We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role, candidates must have residency or permanent visa.Apply Here