Business Development Manager
Posted 17 December 2021
CRU is seeking a confident, self motivated and customer focused Business Development Manager, who will develop and implement a multi-faceted regional sales strategy to accelerate growth in key regions and sectors. In addition to meeting and exceeding quarterly and annual financial targets, the successful Business Development Manager will identify and cultivate bespoke consulting and analysis sales opportunities through strategic account planning and white space mapping, in coordination with analysis and consulting teams.
Candidates need to have extensive experience in strategic account planning and white space mapping, and a minimum of 5-10 years sales experience, specifically in subscription-based product and consulting sales. Candidates should have experience in growing remits in key strategic industries and locations. The Business Development Manager will need to be a strategic thinker who can articulate and execute a successful commercial strategy, with organisation skills to manage multiple tasks while under pressure.
As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed. The role will also require travel (pandemic travel restrictions dependant), so candidates will need to be comfortable with this, and must possess an up-to-date Passport.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a multi-faceted regional growth strategy which will support and ensure sales revenues to meet annual and quarterly sales targets
- Successfully identify, cultivate and win bespoke consulting opportunities
- Balance short-term financial goals with a longer-term strategic outlook
- Work cross-functionally to identify longer-term opportunities
- Maintain consistent sales growth by continuously establishing new accounts and maintaining existing accounts
- Negotiate clients’ annual subscription renewals and ensure the highest possible renewal and upgrade retention rate
- Attend industry conferences, trade exhibitions, and professional association meetings when necessary
- Respectfully challenge client objections in order to gain the client’s trust, in turn, leading to a sale
- Identify other influencers, decision makers and possible champions within existing and potential client companies
- Write sales and renewal proposals for commercial evaluation
About you - What skills and experience are we looking for?
- A minimum of 5-10 years sales experience (subscription-based product and consulting sales)
- A successful track record of B2B sales of data/IP, including with senior level account management
- Strategic thinker who can articulate and execute a successful commercial strategy, and strategic account planning
- Excellent communication skills with customer and internal organization verbally and written is essential
- Able to identify, support and win new six-figure sales opportunities, and ability to establish and build rapport with customers
- An analytical mindset, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Established international experience and territory management
- Strong consulting sales and negotiating skills
- Self-motivated, confident and results driven individual, with the ability to use initiative as well as to work as part of a team
- CRU Product knowledge and working knowledge of CRU’s competitors
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as proficiency in Sales Force