Business Development Manager - Southern Africa (Remotely based)
Posted 18 November 2021
Please note – This is a Contractor role that will be based remotely in South Africa. For this role it is essential that candidates have full right to work in South Africa. Candidates will also ideally be fluent in written and spoken Afrikaans.
An exciting opportunity has arisen working with our EMEIA Sales Team. We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated, strategic and target driven Business Development Manager to be based remotely in South Africa, and play a key role in our continued growth in the region. Reporting into our VP of Sales for EMEIA, this role will be focussing on growing our business in key targeted markets in Southern Africa, which is a critically important region for us.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for generating new business across Southern Africa, and the subscription sales of mining and metals data, and Consulting services into targeted enterprises. This will include active follow-ups from client visits, marketing, and event efforts, generating and closing interest for the company’s products and services. As a Business Development Manager, you will need to think strategically on ways to grow our business in miners, traders, manufacturers, producers, government, financiers, and enterprise businesses.
Once appointed, the Business Development Manager will become part of a dynamic, supportive, successful, and truly international team. As you develop your career at CRU, you will gain knowledge on our clients, our best-in-class product portfolio and be a part of a significant growth story.
Candidates need to have previous solid sales experience, with a strong track record of managing a portfolio and establishing a network. Experience in the price data subscription sales environment for the commodity industry is highly desirable. You will need to have the ability to partner with colleagues in marketing, management, research & analysis, and sales operations to strengthen your own sales initiatives, internal collaboration will be a contributing factor to the success of this role.
As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed. The role will also require international and local travel (pandemic travel restrictions dependant), so candidates will need to be comfortable with this, and have an up-to-date Passport.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities will include:
- Establish and maintain senior level relationships in major functional areas of the customer organization. Utilize the relationships to develop strong revenue growth initiatives for all CRU products as well as retain our existing business within and generate Consulting opportunities within the account. However, a key focus of this position will be to generate new business through account-based marketing, whitespace analysis, industry networks and relationships
- Follow and execute a structured solution sales process for revenue growth and prospecting. Able to uncover new revenue opportunities within an account based on the understanding of the works flows and strategies being deployed within the accounts
- Quickly develop a strong understanding of the unique CRU value proposition
- Inform and execute a comprehensive sales strategy to ensure they meet/exceed monthly and yearly sales targets
- Maintain record of client contract and sales pipeline management using Salesforce
- Quickly penetrate, build presence and pipeline in Southern Africa
- New business generation, to generate and identify potential customers as well as understand the customers workflow to identify a client's needs will be essential
- Manage renewal sales process for existing customer base, including setting of expectations, changing needs assessments, negotiating contracts and processing of contracts via relevant internal systems
- Prepare and execute strategic account plan
- Follow up on all inbound client inquiries, webinars, workshops, events to uncover new and expanding opportunities
- Maintain consistent and ongoing contact with end-users and decision makers
- Prospect, present to, and close on new sales opportunities within client base
- Accurately forecast expected sales and cancellations
- Provide ongoing product feedback from clients to Line Manager and Product Managers
- Maintain awareness of, and participate in all relevant training for, new products and capabilities, and market them to account base/prospects
About you – What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills with customer and internal organization verbally and written is essential
- Connect customer values and products/services
- Interest and work experience in a client facing role in commodities or subscription type service provider
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport with customers, and be customer centric at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be comfortable working with clients from different cultures and time zones
- Ability to work smart, and meet targets within agreed timescales
- Be comfortable using a CRM system for workload, KPI management and for recording customer interaction and tasks
- Be comfortable working to strict targets