Commodity Data AnalystLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 08 October 2020
Our London office is looking for an enthusiastic and analytical Commodity Data Analyst to transform how our data contributes to our insightful analysis of commodity markets. Success would mean the applicant ensures high-quality data flows through the company onto clients, and discovers insights based on the numbers they have helped shape. The role will be reporting directly to our Research Director, they will provide you with guidance and feedback. You will also be working with our global teams across the business, including Analysis and IT. This is a great opportunity for an Analyst to develop their skill set within data analysis and formal business presentations.
Our data governance and data transformation will evolve as CRU’s data is moved into a database. This role will provide the Commodity Data Analyst a unique perspective of knowing all of CRU’s data and how it is used, enabling the opportunity for the candidate to transition into becoming a Commodity area expert.
CRU Group covers the world’s Mining, Metals and Fertilizer industries. These markets are vibrant and truly global: a hurricane in Australia, a strike in Peru, or a construction boom in China can influence market dynamics across the world. Our stories really come to life when told with reference to data and charts. Therefore, as well as presentations, insights, reports and webinars, CRU creates a vast and powerful data set on production, costs, demand, and prices that our clients use to help make decisions. Through continued growth in our services, a key transformative role has opened in shaping our data capability. The Commodity Data Analyst will be at the heart of a dynamic, global company, and gain a unique exposure to a world-leading level of breadth and detail in Commodity markets.
Candidates should be curious about Commodities and have an interest in global supply chains. Candidates need to be degree educated (Undergraduate and Masters) - Ideally a numerate degree – (Economics, Finance Engineering, Geology/Mining, Mathematics). The Undergraduate degree (first or 2:1), should be from a top British university, or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK.
Responsibilities will include:
- Under supervision, structure data from CRU and other sources
- Analyse datasets and communicate results to fellow team members
- Preparation of presentations for internal use
About you – What are we looking for?
- Passionate about good data with attention to detail
- Able to communicate well with many diverse people across a global business
- Highly organised and able to solve complex problems with practical solutions
- Numerate and analytical mindset (able to critically analyse data and identify trends and key drivers)
- Proven team player
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- A good understanding of database software, such as SQL, and concepts would be an advantage
- Fluent English required - Strong communication skills