At CRU, our internships aim to provide you with real work experience that gives you a taste of what it is like to work in the commodities sector. You will have the opportunity to complete work that adds value to the company whilst gaining valuable professional skills that you will hold with you throughout your career. We will provide you with the foundations you need to grow and succeed by giving you guidance, support and feedback throughout your time with us.
CRU Consulting is the consultancy arm of the CRU Group and delivers approximately 150 projects per year across a wide section of clients in the mining, metals, fertilisers and chemicals industry. As an intern in CRU Consulting, you will work on separate projects on a part time basis within our teams, reporting to and receiving guidance and feedback from the Project Manager and/or Project Director. Skills developed whilst working as an intern include report writing, data analysis and development of Excel skills. Interns will also learn about working in a dynamic consulting company.
General responsibilities may include:
- Under supervision, you will write and update reports using data from CRU and other sources.
- Identify and understand the trends in data and write a section of a report on this analysis.
- Learn where to find data internally.
- Confident manipulation and analysis of CRU data and being familiar with CRU data sources.
- Prepare reports in MS office software; including data analysis and report writing.
Key skills required are:
- Undertaking an undergraduate degree in Economics or in a similar field.
- An interest in working with commodities.
- Exposure and interest in marketing strategy would be an advantage.
- A professional attitude to work and the office environment.
- Good writing skills.
- A clear and confident communicator.
- An inquisitive mind.
- Numeracy and analysis. Ability to use a framework to critically analyse data and identify trends and key drivers.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent attention to detail. Drive to ensure accurate and well presented work.
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Fluent English required. A second language such as Russian or Chinese would be an advantage.
Apply for this internship
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.