Contractor - Consulting
Posted 30 September 2019
CRU Consulting is the consultancy arm of the CRU Group and delivers bespoke projects to a wide section of clients in the mining, metals and fertilisers industries. Many of our projects are related to valuation and strategy decisions faced by our clients. We provide value to our clients through accurate data, insightful analysis and timely delivery.
We are looking for experienced Contractor’s to work on Consulting projects through bringing additional expertise; assisting with or managing projects. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that contracted work is completed on time and to an excellent quality standard.
Applicants must have a top degree (first or 2:1) from a top British university or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK, and a further degree (Masters degree with merit and/or PhD). Strong experience in the commodity industry would be highly beneficial.
Additionally, a specific commodity related specialism, which would expand CRU Consulting’s in-house capability, and Project Management experience would be an advantage.
The role requires remote working and hence requires strong capability for global team interaction. There is no set location for the role, so we are looking for global applicants.
Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive experience in energy, mining, metals or agriculture or a related specialism
- Strong quantitative background and a creative thinker based on a robust approach to data/modelling
- Intellectual leadership with an exceptional understanding of the metals, mining and energy markets
- Experience of working across multi-locations with different cultures
Skills & Competencies
- Can structure and present key results and methodologies clearly and a high presentational standard
- Strong skills with team interaction and client interaction
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
- An analytical mind-set and able to get to grips quickly with the intricacies and complexities of the economics and data that drive our business
- Adapts previous experience to each new project context
Technical & Other Skills
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Financial modelling
- Fluent written and spoken English