Copper Mine Cost Analyst
Posted 08 July 2022
We are currently seeking graduates (first degree and masters) and those with a few years’ experience in industry or similar analysis or consulting businesses to join our Base Metals Team and focus on copper mine cost analysis. If you join us you would typically:
• Conduct primary and secondary research, including speaking to market and industry contacts
• Analyse data to formulate and evidence market insights
• Build and maintain valuable datasets, methodology and other intellectual property
• Forecast asset-by-asset mine costs and other key metrics
• Create written reports, presentations and webinar content
• Deliver your analysis, forecasts and recommendations directly to customers
• Attend industry conferences and events to build industry networks and represent CRU
• Support sales and marketing initiatives
Together with those around you in the team, your work will help major international companies, industry associations and governments make the best judgments for the good of their stakeholders and efficient natural resource allocation. As CRU works at the heart of commodities markets, you’d be providing analysis to key people in our customer organisations. More than that, CRU participates in industry associations and wider fora where our insights and views help shape industry-wide policy and direction to which your analysis may contribute.
We are looking for great people with the following attributes:
• First degree, ideally in a numerate discipline
• The ability to research effectively from primary and secondary sources, then draw meaning from data and qualitative information
• Fluent English with the ability to construct and express well-reasoned, well-evidenced and logical arguments
• The ability to build, maintain and grow an effective network
• Natural inclination to collaborate and work supportively in a diverse and international team
CRU is a global leader in commodities market analysis and consulting. We provide high quality data, market analysis, forecasts and advice to our customer in critical global industries, helping them take strategic, trading, investment and operational decisions.
Joining us means joining a global team of talented colleagues who will respect, trust, support and collaborate with you. Your growth will be encouraged in an open-mined, diverse and empowering culture.