Cost Analyst - Steel - Singapore or Sydney
Posted 10 February 2021
Please note – Candidates need to have full right to work in either Sydney or Singapore. We are unable to provide any Visa Sponsorship for either of these locations.
Our market-leading Steel team is recruiting for a talented, motivated and degree educated Cost Analyst to contribute to our research of industry costs. The Cost Analyst role will focus on Iron Ore supply and Cost Modelling, whilst also contributing regularly to Coal and Steel costs. This role will have the opportunity to interact frequently with the broader Steel Analysis team and our Clients. Reporting into the Lead Cost Analyst, the role will contribute significantly to the growth of Steel Cost Services.
We are looking for an Analyst with a knowledge of Mining or Steel Sectors, and proven analytical/model building skills and experience, including a familiarity with handling large data sets and an understanding of mathematical concepts. A background in other sectors will also be beneficial - Chemical Process, Energy, Logistics or Non-Ferrous Metals.
Candidates should be degree educated (Undergraduate and Masters) – The undergraduate degree (first or 2:1), should be from a top British university, or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK, ideally Engineering, Geology, Metallurgy or Commerce/Economics. The role will also require a level of international travel (Pandemic travel restrictions dependant), so candidates need to be comfortable with this.
Responsibilities will include:
- Update and maintain Iron Ore Cost Model data and calibration
- Assist with data collection, model updating/development and analysis of supply and costs across the steel complex (Iron Ore, Coal and Steel)
- To provide clear demonstrations of the capability of the Cost Service to prospective clients in support of the sales effort
- Support existing clients with navigation and interpretation of our Cost Service through calls and presentations
- To work closely with other members of CRU’s global Steel Team to contribute cost analysis to other services
About you – What skills & experience are we looking for?
- First class data management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- An ability to individually work to strict deadlines
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively, and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
- An analytical mind-set and able to get to grips quickly with the intricacies and complexities of the economics and data that drive our business and strategy
- Exposure to working remotely across time zones with cross-cultural awareness
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluent and professional written and spoken English