Information and knowledge
Customer Success ManagerLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 19 August 2022
CRU leads in the field of global commodity market analysis, assessed and forecasted prices and business intelligence. We are looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial person to make an immediate and direct impact on business profitability through increased renewal rates and revenue in our data services.
The industries we work in are vibrant and truly global: a war in Ukraine, a strike in Peru, or a construction boom in China can have repercussions for markets across the world. Our work relies on the best market research, data, and insights because our multi-national customers – leading companies in the commodity space – rely on us to inform and support timely critical decisions.
CRU is looking for you to join us to help our customers make the best use of the data we give them. This role is an opportunity for you to develop relationships with users of our valuable data in mining, metals, and commodities.
The job could be a growth role for someone with experience in one of the following areas:
- an experienced user or reporter of assessed prices such as commodity benchmarks
- a Customer Success specialist who is good at transforming customer data into summaries and narratives that can guide actions and shape business decisions,
- someone with data procurement sales or customer service experience
The role will combine all these elements in further transforming a service that is already successful and appreciated by our clients. Those without experience in how businesses use commodity price data will be supported and encouraged to acquire a deep understanding.
Some examples of how you will be contributing:
- You will be contributing to growing the business by increasing customer engagement with our ever improving services and thus supporting higher customer retention rates and revenue
- You will develop a structured analysis approach to make use of customer usage data to understand how customers are using our services and how best to guide them through their transition
- Communicate internally and externally with all internal teams so that customers’ business will be improved by the transition
- You will develop strong relationships with our customers, who are influential business leaders in their fields, discovering their needs, understanding the problems they face, and drawing conclusions about common use cases, which will feed directly into sales product development
- You will be creating marketing collateral: collect testimonials, client co-written use cases, insights to help new customers
Essential Criteria What kind of person might you be?
- You will be commercially-minded – the role is to help our clients directly and through our sales team
- CRU thrives on cross-team collaboration, you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with high emotional intelligence – you will listen and communicate across our business and with customers
- You will be intellectually curious, eager to learn and push forward your knowledge of the Customer Success Specialism, data procurement, the business intelligence sector, and also knowledge of commodity markets
- You will be organised, motivated and focussed on delivering, assigning and prioritising what needs to be done according to a commercial strategy
What will you gain from working with us?
- Be central to establishing a new role in the business that will make a meaningful difference to customers and to our business, with the opportunity to directly affect business revenue
- The ability to work with and learn from analysts in a highly respected market analysis and business intelligence business
- The guidance and support of both a dedicated line manager and project leads in the business, who will ensure you are properly briefed and supported
- The opportunity to work with supportive and like-minded colleagues in a truly global organisation