CRU’s Multi-Commodity team is looking to recruit a talented and motivated individual to support the team’s regular data analysis work on fertilizers and other commodities. You will be responsible for the team’s data processes and report production, working closely with the Multi-Commodity team and analysts across the fertilizers business.
A significant part of the role will include assisting with the creation and delivery of Commodity dashboards and corporate cost curves. This will involve the collection and verification of CRU data from fertilizer team and the expectation that you will contribute to the improvement of the underlying processes over time. You will also be heavily involved in other data process and analysis projects.
For the right person, this role will provide the opportunity to use and develop data skills on a daily basis, to develop effective communication skills will an important client, to deepen your knowledge across CRU’s commodity portfolio and to become part of a dynamic, supportive and truly international business.
- A degree (minimum grade 2:1) from a top British university or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK, specialising in Mineral Economics, Energy Economics, Mining Engineering, Maths, Economics or in a similar field
- Good professional experience in a related field with direct client exposure
- Fluent written and spoken English skills are essential
- Strong quantitative background and a creative thinker based on a robust approach to data/modelling with the ability to construct a compelling narrative and have the confidence to express and defend position clearly
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Apply for this role
- A Master’s degree from a top British university or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK, specialising in Mineral Economics, Energy Economics, Mining Engineering, Chemistry, Maths, Economics or in a similar field
- Experience in mining, fertilizers, metals and/or energy
- Proficiency in Excel’s advanced data management capabilities