Energy Storage Consultant USA Pittsburgh, United States
Posted 08 January 2024
Exawatt (part of CRU Group) has created a new opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic colleague to join its energy storage team. Working alongside industry experts, you will play a key role delivering in-depth and insightful knowledge for a range of exciting global consulting projects. You’ll also support the development of new subscription-based products and services across the CRU battery materials ecosystem.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The ideal candidate will have a detailed understanding of the energy storage, battery materials and energy sectors, and will play a pivotal role within the Exawatt team as the company grows strongly in new markets:
• Insight – a strong background in qualitative and quantitative research and the ability to think creatively based on a robust analytical approach.
• Knowledge management and transfer – cognisant of the importance of sharing knowledge and ideas in a constructive and supportive way. The successful candidate will leverage their own experiences and knowledge base across the Exawatt and CRU teams to deliver detailed insight to our clients.
• Thought leadership – you will be comfortable handling challenging questions from our clients. In some cases, this will be for work that falls adjacent to or beyond existing CRU research, so will require flexibility and openness to profitably developing new areas of research as the market requires.
Business development and sales
• Develop successful client relationships and promote Exawatt/CRU’s consultancy services to a wide range of potential clients.
• Using leads provided by other CRU business units, identify and develop potential new projects. Contribute ideas for business development to the Exawatt/CRU management teams.
• Support contract negotiations, providing clarity on scope, timescale and value to ensure that projects are delivered profitably and to the complete satisfaction of the customer.
• Present and follow up on projects, and resolve any queries raised by the client.
• Research, write, present, oversee and deliver consulting projects to a high standard; outline the strategy for conducting research, securing adequate resource from within Exawatt and CRU, and defining and communicating the objectives of the project to all involved.
• Sets and meets own deadlines to ensure that client deliverables are met within scope and timeframe
• At least an undergraduate degree in one or more of the following disciplines: maths, chemistry, physics, economics, engineering, sustainability, or materials science.
• 1-2 years of experience either as a consultant in the battery sector or in related commercial, investment, technical or research roles. We also welcome applications from candidates with backgrounds in industry, manufacturing or materials.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Proven experience in the application of new thinking to market, commercial, investment, sustainability or public policy issues.
• Proven experience of working across teams, preferably within a consulting or research environment.Apply Here