European EconomistLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 07 July 2022
Our Economics team build an independent view of the global economy, where it is heading and what that means for commodity markets. Our forecasts are used directly by clients and are an important resource for our Analysis teams in forming a view of what will happen in commodity markets.
As a European Economist you will lead our analysis of the European economy. This will involve shaping our forecast judgements, closely monitoring data and developments in European economies, and communicating your view to clients, prospects and colleagues throughout CRU. You will communicate to clients in 1:1 meetings, through written reports and presenting at conferences.
You will bring out the key implications of our view on the European economy for metals markets, presenting this information in a way that maximises value for clients. In the process, you will build expertise in these markets, absorbing knowledge from clients and colleagues in CRU.
What we are looking for
Great people with the following:
- Completed a Masters in Economics from a leading university, or have some experience in an Economist or Analyst role.
- The ability to research effectively from primary and secondary sources, then draw meaning from data and qualitative information
- Someone who enjoys coming to their own view based on data
- Strong quantitative skills
- Fluent English with the ability to construct and express well-reasoned, well-evidenced and logical arguments
- Natural inclination to collaborate in a diverse and international team
- Creativity in finding the best way to tell a story – data visualisations, words and pictures
- The ability to build, maintain and grow an effective network
What you are looking for
- A job that offers you a high degree of autonomy early in your career
- A supportive and collaborative team and firm
- The opportunity to learn about macroeconomics and commodity markets
- The chance to influence clients and help them make better decisions
CRU is a global leader in commodities market analysis and consulting. We provide high quality data, market analysis, forecasts and advice to our customer in critical global industries, helping them take strategic, trading, investment and operational decisions.
Joining us means joining a global team of talented colleagues who will respect, trust, support and collaborate with you. Your growth will be encouraged in an open-mined, diverse and empowering culture.Apply for this role here