Event AdministratorLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 20 September 2022
CRU has an exciting opportunity to join its Events team based in our London office. We are looking for an Event Administrator, to support the Operations team in running CRU’s international conference and training programme.
We are looking for an energetic, customer focused and proactive individual, with a strong focus on customer facing administrative and financial tasks. Having excellent attention to detail, organisational skills and the confidence in communicating with impeccable customer service is essential for this role. This role would ideally suit an enthusiastic worker with the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Please note, we are looking for candidates based in London. Candidates need to have full right to work in the UK. We are unable to provide Visa Sponsorship for this role. As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed. The role will also require a level of international and local travel (pandemic travel restrictions dependant), so candidates will need to be comfortable with this.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delegate registrations, orders, invoice, and payments, to include:-
- Registering participants (delegates, speakers, sponsors) via internal registration system
- Handling all correspondence concerned with orders and action any edits or amendments as requested and chase where appropriate
- Dealing with third parties to support the customer registration process where applicable (visa assistance)
- Update various systems / spreadsheets on a daily, weekly, monthly, project and ad hoc basis
- Handle Inbound / Outbound calls / emails, to include:-
- Facilitating enquiries / orders / payments
- Respond to customer requests in a timely manner with high quality customer service
- Responsible for escalating queries or complaints to the relevant Project Team or Manager where appropriate.
- Channel feedback from customers through to correct team members
- Assisting Event Managers with a number of different duties to support the organisation of the event
- Will be expected to travel to attend Events
- Other Ad hoc duties
About you – what skills & experience are we looking for?
- Fluent written and spoken English is required. A second language is an advantage – Spanish, Portuguese, German, Chinese are useful in terms of the destinations we run our events
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office and familiar with databases software, in particular excel spreadsheets
- Excellent communication skills, with confident telephone manner, impeccable customer service and the ability to build strong relationships with customers and internal / external team members
- Good knowledge and understanding of customer services operations and process
- Previous events experience in an operations or customer services role preferred but not essential
- Relevant qualifications in Event Management are preferred but not essential for the role