Fertilizer Market Reporter - AmericasPittsburgh, United States
Posted 21 April 2021
Please note – We are accepting applications from candidates that are based in Pittsburgh or Chile
Our energetic Fertilizer Week team is seeking a talented, high energy, data-driven Fertilizer Market Reporter to specialise on the Americas Fertilizer market, and to contribute to its further growth. The role will initially focus on short-term market reporting, and the analysis of the North and South American fertilizer markets, with the opportunity to grow into more in-depth market analysis.
Reporting into the Editor in Chief of Fertilizer Week, the successful candidate will need to possess strong editing, writing, and reporting skills, whilst being a creative thinker with a robust approach to data and an understanding of commodity markets. The ability to critically analyse data, identify trends and key drivers will only contribute to the success of this role. Candidates should be degree educated from an internationally recognised University. As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed. Although not essential, Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills would be highly advantageous.
- Fertilizer market price assessments and reporting
- Analysing and forecasting market fundamentals and trends
- Communicating to clients in written and verbal form
- Working closely with Fertilizer Week editors to publish reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Market calls for weekly price assessments and reporting
- Relationship building with key contacts
About you – What skills and experience are we looking for?
- A curious mindset and the ability to quickly attain market information
- A quantitative background would be an advantage
- Strong English writing and reporting skills – candidate should be able to capture key market events concisely, and incorporate data/analysis to provide unique CRU value addition to content
- Ability to maintain and build relationships with information providers and expand networks, to enhance the quality of information gathered
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively, and professionally within a fast-paced, dynamic, and results-driven business environment
- An analytical mind-set and able to get to grips quickly with the intricacies and complexities of the economics and data that drive our business and strategy
- Creative in the application of first principles to problems, and mindful of the time constraints of a business environment
- Approachable, with a positive and collaborative attitude and a genuine interest in developing the team to maintain its position as the industry benchmark – delivering value to our clients and creating value for shareholders
- Delivery focused and a passion for quality and innovation, with a flexible and adaptable attitude, willing to accept and drive change
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Fluent written and spoken English