Fertilizers Analyst - IndiaMumbai, India
Posted 13 September 2021
Our Fertilizers Team is looking for a talented, motivated and degree educated Fertilizers Analyst to be based in India, to focus on the Indian fertilizer and agricultural markets.
The successful individual will be responsible for creating high quality market price assessments and reporting, focusing on the Indian fertilizer and agricultural markets. You will cover both the short-term price trends for our Fertilizer Week publication, and longer-term analysis for our market outlook and cost services. It is essential that you have an analytical mind-set with the ability to understand the intricacies and complexities of the economics and data, that drive our business and strategy.
This dynamic role includes interaction with key local market contacts, international clients and colleagues, therefore, requiring candidates to have the ability to maintain and build relationships. As the role is customer focussed, the individual will be required to promote CRU analysis externally and, therefore, candidates also need to have the confidence to be approachable, a collaborative attitude and an ability to build networks externally.
Candidates will need to be fluent in written and spoken English and be degree educated (Undergraduate and Masters) – The undergraduate degree (first or 2:1), should be from an internationally recognised university, or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK. Ideal disciplines are Economics, Mining, Geology, Mathematics and Sciences. As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed. The role will also require a level of international and local travel (pandemic travel restrictions dependant), so candidates will need to be comfortable with this.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver high quality Fertilizer market price assessments and reporting that are clear, engaging and consistent, in keeping with CRU’s standards and formats
- Analysing and forecasting market fundamentals and trends
- Communicating to clients in written and verbal form
- Working closely with service editors to publish reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Market calls for weekly price assessments and reporting
- Build and maintain a structured set of key contacts within the market
- Work in highly collaborative international teams; sharing information, presenting and testing ideas
About you - What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Strong English writing and reporting skills
- Excellent editing, writing and reporting skills
- Creative thinking based on a robust approach to data and in the application of first principals to problems
- Strong numeracy and the ability to critically analyse data, identifying trends and key drivers
- Evidence of commercial awareness is an advantage, particularly an understanding of commodities markets
- A curious mindset and the ability to quickly attain market information
- Ability to maintain relationships with information providers and expand networks
- Goal-orientated, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast-paced, dynamic and results-driven business environment
- Organised and able to deliver to strict deadlines
- The ability to take the initiative but also perform successfully as part of a group
- Excellent Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and data management skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint