Graduate Research Analyst - Analysis - London
Posted 07 October 2021
Are you a Masters Graduate?
We are interested in hearing from Economics, Mining, Geology, Engineering, Mathematics, Environmental Studies, Science and Journalism graduates
CRU leads in the field of global commodity market analysis and business intelligence. Our successful Analysis Division is looking for talented individuals who are ready to kick-start their professional career in the world of commodities and join us as a Research Analyst.
The Analysis Division is organised into four commodity teams – Aluminium, Base Metals, Fertilizers and Steel, with Economics providing thought leadership, and production support and inputs across the teams. We have a global presence, with offices in Sydney, Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing, London, Mumbai, Santiago, and Pittsburgh.
Our Research Analysts are guided and coached by experienced Analysts in the market. You will have the opportunity to thrive at the heart of a dynamic, global business intelligence company, with the opportunity to develop a wide array of transferable skills, such as data analysis, market research, preparing presentations as well as the opportunity to meet clients.
The industries we work in are vibrant and truly global: a hurricane in Australia, a strike in Peru, or a construction boom in China can influence markets across the world. Our work relies on the best market research, data, and insights because our multi-national customers - leading companies in the commodity space - rely on us to inform and support crucial decisions they need to make in fast-moving and volatile markets. This means we need the best teams, data, and research insights to support this.
Some examples of how you will be contributing are:
- Finding, evaluating, and organising data and information that supports the formation of published analysis for major industrial and financial customers
- Improving systems and processes to allow for more effective and efficient data-led insight generation
- Applying your academic knowledge and experience and working with others to help find meaning from diverse information sources and types
- Verifying or improving data that forms the evidence base for key conclusions, forecasts, or expert opinions
- Prepare high quality reports and presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to discussion and debate on the challenges faced by companies and possible solutions
- Become familiar with CRU's research methodology, data systems, and forecasting methodologies
- Perform detailed analysis, and interpretation of data and statistics to support analysis and forecasts
What kind of person might you be?
- Someone who thrives working in a team
- Someone who is intellectually curious, eager to learn and push forward their own boundaries
- Someone who is organised, motivated, dedicated and likes to deliver on tasks
- An enthusiastic team player with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Analytical mind-set and a strong aptitude for working with data
- Organised and delivery focused with a passion for quality and innovation
- A desire to provide value to our clients
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Additional languages would be a bonus – Especially Mandarin, Spanish, Russian and Portuguese
- Collaborative – With the ability to communicate and work effectively with teams across our global offices
What qualifications must you have?
- Candidates should be degree educated – Both Undergraduate and Masters. Degrees should be from a top British university, or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK. The degree should be in subjects such as Economics, Science, Engineering, Mining, Geology, Mathematics, Environmental Studies, Science and Journalism
What will you gain from working with us?
- The ability to work with and learn from analysts in a highly respected market analysis and business intelligence business
- Engaging in real work that makes a meaningful difference to the outcomes for external customers
- The guidance and support of both a dedicated line manager and project leads in the business who will ensure you are properly briefed and supported
- The opportunity to work with supportive and like-minded colleagues in a truly global organisation
- The opportunity to contribute to analysis output