Graduate/Analyst - Analysis or Consulting
Posted 10 October 2019
We are CRU – a market leading independent authority on commodities markets. Our Analysis and Consulting business units are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our teams. This is an opportunity to work in a truly international and diverse company with offices in Beijing, London, Mumbai, Pittsburgh, Santiago, Singapore and Sydney.
CRU Analysis and Consulting teams can offer the opportunity to use your economic skills to analyse the economic trends of the commodity markets on a daily basis.
You will be responsible for market research across a range of different markets, learn how to write engaging reports and navigate our clients in commodity markets. You will identify and communicate key market themes and use CRU’s models and methodologies to provide quantitative solutions. Moreover, you will work closely with product editors and regional market experts as well as senior researchers on developing and improving CRU’s models, whilst also contributing to process development and data management initiatives.
You will be expected to meet the needs of customer requirements through speaking with customers about the current state of the market, working with colleagues across our global offices and conducting primary research across a range of product areas to ensure high quality reports. You will also represent CRU to customers at conferences and at site visits whilst developing and maintaining a set of contacts within the market.
We have a strong focus around continuous learning and respecting good work-life balance, with many opportunities to grow your knowledge and network. We offer self-directed development programmes, travel and secondments, as well as a variety of career opportunities across functions and specialisms. We are happy to accept applications from candidates with international Visa’s.
What you will need
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Masters in Economics or a similar field
- Interest in working with commodities
- An academic focus in applied economics and a keen interest in applying this to ‘real world’ business challenges
- Combining a strong quantitative background with creative problem solving
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- A strong commercial awareness and an analytical mind-set with the ability to quickly understand the intricacies and complexities of economics
- Ability to construct a compelling narrative, often after extracting a signal from noisy data, and an ability to express your position clearly
- Aptitude to learn new systems