Head of Base MetalsSingapore, Singapore
Posted 23 September 2022
A unique exciting opportunity has arisen in the Base Metals Team, for an energetic and highly motivated individual to take over the position of Head of Base Metals. This pivotal role requires a charismatic individual who can lead, guide and assist the team in producing an extensive portfolio of products and services. You will be responsible for managing a team of 40 people located in the UK, Chile, China, Singapore and Australia. The leader has P&L responsibility and will be instrumental in motivating and guiding the team in realising these.
The Head of Base Metals has accountability for the delivery of all price, analysis, forecasting and asset-levels services in their Business Unit. They drive integration, collaboration and coherence within the team, and work with other leaders towards the same across Business Units, Divisions, central functions and Country Heads.
The jobholder must have the ability to lead a large, international team, ensuring reliable delivery and development of market-leading data and content across base metals value chains that aligns with market need that can be satisfied profitably. As such they should possess business acumen and understanding of a B2B subscription business and, working with commercial and product improvement teams, be able to apply this to data and content development and management in their team.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
· Meeting revenue and profit targets of the Base Metals Business Unit
· Implementing and evolving the Base Metals growth strategy
· Contributing to the formation and execution of Analysis-wide strategy and development initiatives
· Supporting the formation of strong marketing campaigns and value propositions that leverage deep understanding of the addressable market and its requirements, and CRU’s content, IP and brand
· Management, coaching and development of senior analysts and team leaders
· Recruitment and talent management of team members
· Working through others, the delivery and development of CRUs base metals price and analysis services.
· Aligning product and process development in the team with scalable market opportunities that can be satisfied profitably, in collaboration with the Research Director and other stakeholders
· Ensuring all analytical data is created and managed in accordance with Group data governance principles.
· Representing the Base Metals team to external stakeholders and audiences at the highest level
What we are looking for:
- Metals and mining (ideally base metals) markets, industries and value chains experience
- Leadership of large, multi-layered international teams
- Understanding of subscription and data/information business models and knowledge of data and market analysis needs of users and organisations in CRU’s markets
- Client and other external stakeholder-facing experience at senior levels
- Managing through others, coaching and development of senior staff
- The ability to maintain a high level of engagement with, and motivate a diverse and remote team
- The ability to inspire, motivate and provide directional leadership
- The ability to manage multiple priorities across a variety of areas – people, technical, commercial, internal/process and external/market
- Collaboration and effective working in a matrix and highly international organisation
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- The ability to lead and manage senior stakeholder interactions, internally and externally, including at C-suite and Board level
- Understanding of customer requirements and, working with others, the ability to translate that into profitable service development
- Budgeting and financial management