Head of China, ConsultingBeijing, China
Posted 15 January 2020
PLEASE NOTE – ONLY FLUENT MANDARIN SPEAKING CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED
Who are we?
CRU Consulting is the consultancy arm of CRU, delivering approximately 200 projects per year across a wide section of clients in the mining, metals, fertilisers and chemicals industry. Many of our projects are related to strategic decisions faced by our clients. We provide value to our clients through accurate data, insightful analysis and timely delivery.
CRU Consulting is seeking a high calibre innovative individual with exceptional business development, client relationship and people management skills to lead CRU’s Consulting team in China. The role will be based in Beijing, and will report directly into the Head of APAC, Consulting who is based in Singapore.
You would be expected to contribute significantly to the development of CRU Consulting’s long-term strategy, yet at the same time contributing to the more detailed strategy for APAC and lead the implementation of this strategy in China. For China, this will include maintaining and developing a world class research capability to support client sales from overseas offices, whilst in parallel developing domestic sales and client accounts in such a way as to deliver profitable growth.
You will manage and mentor the Consulting team in Beijing (currently a team of 6). You will also need to develop and maintain relationships with key members of CRU, including our Analysis team in Beijing, global and APAC sales team, the wider APAC Consulting teams and the other global CRU Consulting offices. This will enable you to leverage CRU’s expertise and knowledge for the benefit of clients. You may act as “Project Director” in some projects and when necessary, contribute to our projects directly.
As a significant part of the role is externally focused you will be expected to attend and present at client meetings, industry conferences, trade exhibitions, and professional associations to promote CRU Consulting and develop consultancy leads. With that being said, you will need to be comfortable with global travel.
What experience are we looking for?
- Chinese national with experience of the metals, mining, fertilizer or metals consuming sectors with an existing reputation as a thought leader
- Dynamic, forward-thinking and authoritative leader with a track-record of driving cultural change and developing long-term ‘win-win’ relationships both internally and externally
- Well networked in our industry e.g. via industry experience, membership of research institutes, education networks and knowledge of government bodies, including experience of engaging with senior executives on a range of strategic and market issues
- A facilitator that will enable the Consulting team outside China to leverage CRU’s knowledge, expertise and network in China - Enabling us to commercialise market-leading industry research and insight, on the world’s most important metals producing and consuming region
- Excellent written and spoken English, ideally developed through a period of study or employment abroad
- Excellent communication and organisational skills including public speaking
- Commercial awareness, confidence and experience in customer-facing scenarios, ability to identify customer needs, negotiate contracts and profitably deliver Consulting sales
- Ability to lead cutting edge industry research, with an emphasis on critical, forward looking analysis on key China market and policy trends
- The ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks while under pressure
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent IT skills, including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Apply for this opportunity