Hydrogen and Ammonia AnalystLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 01 November 2023
A unique opportunity has arisen at CRU. We are seeking an energetic and motivated individual to lead our research on the low-emission hydrogen and ammonia markets. This new role requires an engaging individual capable of managing extensive market data, information and forecasting services covering the hydrogen and ammonia industries. Reporting into the Principal Analyst – Nitrogen and Hydrogen, the candidate will be responsible for developing and owning the CRU view on hydrogen, meaning collaboration across the organisation is critical.
The candidate must have strong commercial instincts and be able to carry dynamic conversations with clients and prospective clients. The successful candidate will contribute to service/product and business development based on market needs and competitive dynamics.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Collaborating with other analysts and leaders across CRU to form the view on low-emission hydrogen and ammonia, building on pre-existing research.
• Ensure the delivery of robust data, analysis and forecasts used to provide support for clients across the fertilizer, energy and commodities industries.
• Regular analysis and report writing on the low-emission hydrogen and ammonia markets.
• Work with analysts to evolve and maintain sophisticated supply, demand, price and production costs models.
• Ensure output of data, charts and written content remains at the highest quality and evolves to meet market needs. Timely and topical analysis in response to key market events is essential.
• Represent CRU at the highest level across industrial and energy markets, recognised as a market-leading authority.
• Engage in frequent, high quality information exchanges with sophisticated customers and market participants.
• Candidates should have a first or 2:1 from a leading university, or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside the UK.
• Bachelor’s/Masters Degree, ideally in economics or other numerate discipline
• Hydrogen industry knowledge is essential.
• Proven strong record of innovative market analysis and commentary.
• Knowledge of fundamental drivers behind international energy and agricultural markets, with solid understanding of natural resource economics.
• Strong quantitative background and a creative thinker, with the ability to clearly express ideas and concepts both verbally and in writing.
• Probing mindset, able to quickly critique data and information.
• Extensive experience of working across multi-locations with different cultures.Apply Here