Internship Placement Programme London, United Kingdom
Posted 15 October 2021
CRU leads in the field of global commodity market analysis and business intelligence. Our Analysis Division has an exciting new scheme – We are offering the opportunity for a talented group of individuals to kick-start their professional career in the world of commodities, and to join us in a paid internship 6-month placement programme.
The industries we work in are vibrant and truly global: a hurricane in Australia, a strike in Peru, or a construction boom in China can influence markets across the world. Our work relies on the best market research, data, and insights because our multi-national customers - leading companies in the commodity space - rely on us to inform and support crucial decisions they need to make in fast-moving and volatile markets.
We need the best teams, data, and research insights to support this. This provides the opportunity for you to work across commodities, to be part of our research programme and support creation and management of the best data and insights for our customers. For the most successful in role, there is the potential to contribute to analysis output and join as a permanent Research Analyst where opportunity arises.
For the successful individuals, this is a great entry point into a career in the private sector, where you can thrive at the heart of a dynamic, global business intelligence company and will learn about commodity markets. The role gives variety, and allows to develop a wide array of transferable skills, ideal to build a strong CV.
Some examples of how you will be contributing are:
- Finding, evaluating, and organising data and information that supports the formation of published analysis for major industrial and financial customers
- Improving systems and processes to allow for more effective and efficient data-led insight generation
- Applying your academic knowledge and experience and working with others to help find meaning from diverse information sources and types
- Verifying or improving data that forms the evidence base for key conclusions, forecasts, or expert opinions.
What kind of person might you be?
- Someone who thrives working in a team and is curious about your colleagues’ work, successes, and challenges
- Someone who is intellectually curious, eager to learn and push forward their own boundaries
- Someone who is organised, motivated, dedicated and likes to deliver on tasks
What qualifications should you have?
- Candidates should be degree educated, ideally having completed, or working towards a Masters. Degrees should be from a top British university, or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK. Qualifications will ideally be in Economics or another numerate discipline
What will you gain from working with us?
- The ability to work with and learn from analysts in a highly respected market analysis and business intelligence business
- Engaging in real work that makes a meaningful difference to the outcomes for external customers
- The guidance and support of both a dedicated line manager and project leads in the business who will ensure you are properly briefed and supported
- The opportunity to work with supportive and like-minded colleagues in a truly global organisation
- The potential to contribute to analysis output and join as a permanent Research Analyst where opportunity arises